Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Type of Gas-Electric Hybrid Car???

Started by crash_uni8, October 15, 2007, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kallstrom_74

i have been lying awake about this last night...COLUD this be a good idea?
well i am woundering about the COST..i mean..a eletric engine that can produce about 150-200 horsepower, and a batterypack (and the size of that??) and a generator for that...i have NO clue what so ever what this could cost to get...anyone knows?  and the (lithion?) batterypack..how big could it be..if its to big i wont fit into a car

rip out the engine and gearbox of an car...and have the eletric engine in there? and perhaps the batterypack?

Pirate88179

@Kallstrom 74:

Others can correct me on this if I am wrong but, I remember doing some research on electric vehicle conversions and the HP of an electric motor does not have to be anywhere near the HP of the engine it replaces.  I recall a full size van conversion to electric that ran just fine with a 50 hp electric motor. And, an electric motor does not require a transmission, more weight savings.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

ResinRat2

Your right Bill,
An electric motor can develop mucho torque for its size. We have small electric mixers in the lab that would rip your hand off if you're not careful. (well, maybe not ALL the way off, but it would sure do some damage.). I know when I'm doing high torque dispersions these babies can crank out the power. It's downright scary!! I'm always worried about the possibility of getting a sleeve or gloved hand caught. (shuddering at the thought)!
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

ken_nyus

In the world of boating, the usual rule of thumb when replacing is 1hp electric = 3hp gas.

I run a 1hp electric inboard engine in my 16ft, 2400lb sailboat.

The other rule of thumb is you can think of the torque curve of an electric engine as flat, whereas in a gas engine you have to get somewhere near the top of the rpm range to get top torque. In an electric the full torque is available from 1 to max rpm.

h20mojo

hi all
i did a quick search on DIY electric car conversion forums and found a few
    http://tinyurl.com/27mv3g gets you to the  DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions
and  http://tinyurl.com/35f8a8  to the Wikibooks Electric vehicle conversion/Resources page

torque comes in full in the low rpm range while hp comes in full in the high rpm range in a curve.
  yes the electric motor ( not engine ) comes in full on from zero to max rpm what ever that would be

i once thought about converting my 89 S10 to electric, it was going to have a fifty horse motor
with two 12 volt by 12 battery packs and have a 5500 watt gen set to charge it when needed for
long trips ( thats two 144 volt packs that would be used one pack at a time, while using one pack the other would be charged )  anyway, that was my dream. tell me yours.

TTFN
TTFN