Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Nathan Stubblefield Earth battery/Self Generating Induction Coil Replications

Started by Localjoe, October 19, 2007, 02:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

I did some more experiments today....the results are as follows:

6" long x 1/2" dia copper pipe 2" in the ground on north end
3" long block of magnesium (Fire starter block, 1/2" wide) on south side, 18" apart

1.0 vdc and 2.1 vac (Localjoe, this was using my digital craftsman meter)

2 copper pipes (linked together with jumper) sized as listed above on north end about 10" apart
Magnesium block on south end, about 18" from second copper pipe.

1.51 vdc and 0.0 vac

I don't have a scope either but I would love to know the frequency of the vac.  Stefan, is there any other way to determine the freq.?  I doubt it is 60 cycles, who the hell knows what it might be.

I am looking for a carbon or graphite rod and will try more tomorrow.  I wonder if a golf club carbon fiber shaft would work?

I did not check amps yet (forgot) but will do so in different configurations.  More to come and some video, or at least pictures.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

hartiberlin

Hi Bill, just a DC voltage will also register on the AC scale, so you dont know, if there is real AC.
Too bad you did not check the current, as this is the most important measurement.
The voltage comes from the galvanic action, but how much current could be drawn from it normally depends on the sizes of the metal surfaces. Normally you only have MilliAmps...
How long were your rods ? inches or foots ?
Please quote also in cm.
Many thanks.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

mikestocks2006

Quote from: hartiberlin on November 04, 2007, 01:22:34 PM
Hi Bill, just a DC voltage will also register on the AC scale, so you dont know, if there is real AC.
Too bad you did not check the current, as this is the most important measurement.
The voltage comes from the galvanic action, but how much current could be drawn from it normally depends on the sizes of the metal surfaces. Normally you only have MilliAmps...
How long were your rods ? inches or foots ?
Please quote also in cm.
Many thanks.
Hi Stefan,
It's not clear if pure galvanic effect is the source of the voltage differential and current density capability.
This maybe of interest and would help clarify a possible reason for the observations, DC vs AC frequencies etc:

"Telluric currents flow in the surface layers of the earth. The electric potential on the Earth's surface can be measured at different points,...

The field varies in time and over the frequency range 0.001 to 5 Hz (Krasnogorskaja & Remizov, 1975). Electric potential gradients caused by telluric currents are of the order of 0.2 to 1000 volts per metre. (Krasnogorskaja and Remizov, 1975; Vanjan, 1975). At any location, the current density is a direct function of the interhemispheric currents and their potential gradients. It has been estimated that telluric currents overall during twelve hours in one hemisphere are in range of 100 to 1000 amperes"

These are some hefty numbers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telluric_current

The galvanic effect  can be a factor, acidity near roots, dissimilar metals etc, but how can a voltage be explained with same metals? Or as some experimenters indicate, when the rods are further apart, the numbers actually improve, higher soil dryness helps etc.
Some more here.
http://www.linux-host.org/energy/tearth.htm

Pirate88179

@Mike:

Great info on the telluric currents...thanks.  Have you done any experiments on this yet?

@Stefan:

Rod measurements are in inches. (Sorry, you know us backward Americans) So, unless I miss my guess, 6" long rods are about 15.3 cm and 1/2 inch dia which should be about 1.27 cm. (I think)

I want to try this with longer rods on both ends and then, try a series connection or two.  I was going to try today to light a blue led but, I fried it when I soldered two wires onto the connections.  I didn't know they were that heat sensitive or I would have used a heat sink. 

Stefan, what kind/type/size capacitor could we used to store up this voltage?  I could get one at radio shack if I don't have one lying around here somewhere already.  I know they are measured in picofarrads (I think) but have no idea what size to try. I am going there anyway to get a selection of leds.

I think Stefan is right about the surface area/power relationship but I am not sure going deeper is the answer.  I am now thinking of buying some rod material (longer) and laying it down horizontally just below the surface, which is where this energy seems to be...at least in my part of the world.  I am very interested to know of others work in this area.  I will keep you posted on my efforts.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

hartiberlin

Get a big capacitor,
like 10000 uF and at least 35 Volts or so...
If you get higher voltages from telluric currents,
it depends on the voltage rating, but whenyou only
have galvanic effect you could
also just buy a 1 Farad 2.5 Volts Supercap.

The bigger the capacity the better you can draw higher currents from
it.
YOu could try to use a gardenway LED solarlamp to power the
LED in it.
Just throw out the solar cell and battery and you have a nice driver circuit
for the included LED in the lamp.
These lamps are very cheap today, normally you get 3 pieces for around 15 US$.

Good luck !
Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum