Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hydrosonic Pump

Started by FreeEnergy, June 27, 2005, 03:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idnick

@ allcanadian

You might be right about that, but the way I read it the outer case could have a smooth or rough interior. I choosed smooth cause I don't know what kind of mess i'd have ended up with  ;D. But thanks for pointing it out. Things can get overlooked, especially for old guys like me :(   Thanks for the input

Dave

idnick

allcanadian
I believe it's all in them holes in the rotor that causes the hydrosonics.  Takes forever to masure, mark and drill em.  :(

Dave

allcanadian

Hello idnick
This is what I thought Griggs meant, as well the yusmar seems to use the same principal called sonoluminescence.
In my bad picture, as the rotor turns a hole in the rotor approaches an inward "bump"(2) this compresses the fluid in the hole as designated by red dots, the hole then moves past the bump and decompresses as designated by blue dots(1). The magic seems to appear when the frequency of compression/decompression (RPM) is very high, that is why griggs used hundreds of holes, to lower the rotor RPM to managable levels.
The effect they say is based on cavitation or what we know as water hammer, only griggs found it more pronounced at ultrasonic frequencies near 24,000 Hz I believe, google ultrasonic frequencies to get the right number. If you take the number of holes on the circumference of the rotor in one line times RPM divided by 60 you get the number of compressions per second/per hole.Then times this by the number of bumps on the casing for total compressions per second, this is compression cycles/sec equivalent to frequency cycles per second, so 24,000 compressions/second is huge!
This is why I though the yusmar was much easier to build, It can be done your way though I think, and your a much better man than me if you can do it, best regards and please keep us updated.
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

rapttor

@AllCanadian

Wow, this would mean that it can work better? damn, I thought on my first replication attempt,  I was pretty suprised how quickly I got hot water. I don't recall when watching videos of it, that when I saw the scene where they are installing the rotor, it appears to be a smooth bore. huh... very interesting sir, thanks for sharing.

-art
Successfully Perpetually Failing at everything I do...

mikestocks2006

Quote from: idnick on November 24, 2006, 08:35:37 PM
@Mike

I just went down to Napa and ask for a seal that fit a 5/8 shaft. Outside was about a 1.33 in. A friend gave me a 6 foot length of stainless pipe. 3/16" thickness.  That is the tube. The rotor is alumium. I built a furnace and burner to smelt the rotor because of the price. (8"X12" round was 586.00) Couldn't afford that.  I did all of the machining myself.
Looking forward to seeing your project also, and thanks for the compliment.

Dave

Nice work. The effect is based on the relative speed of the rotor surface vs the stator (case) surface, the more holes the higher the frequency of cavitations per one revolution.
Going back to raptor's search for seals, with lower input shaft rpm you can get away with a regular automotive pump seal, assuming it can handle the pressures of 75 psi as raptor was specifying earlier.
Temperature wise, it's close.. Not sure if the car water pump can handle 350 F.
The radiator pressure relief caps are rated about 7psi you can get them as high as 18-20 psi for higher operating temperatures.
So a pump seal doesn?t see more than 20 psi on high end applications with normal operation of less than that. Also, the rotational speed of a car pump is nowhere near 15000 rpm.
In designing any system we need to account for the worst case scenarios based on the specifications and add some factros of safety to assure longevity :)
However; it is a great suggestion for proof of concept assuming it doesn't blow out too fast.