Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What happens when you draw a wire through a horseshoe magnet?

Started by sparks, March 01, 2008, 09:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

Maybe I can answer my own question by looking at none other than the hottly debated vacuum tube.    I believe the torroidal coil on the back of the picture tube focuses the electrons coming off the emitter plate.  So the current inside my wire being drawn through a horseshow magnet (or for a better ananlogy an energized coil)  is from the surface of the wire to the core of the wire.  This electron migration would produce a magnetic field that would oppose the magnetic flux change that caused the current to begin with.  So the faster I pull the wire the harder it should become?  Or:  The wire leaving the coil see's a magnetic flux change going the other way.  An unfocusing magnetic field.  This would cause electrons to flow from the core to the surface.  The opposing magnetic field from this current would accelerate the wire then.  What has effectively happened within the wire is an oscillation of current  that is drag free.
   I am not sure if this amounts to anything unless we take the ambient magnetic field into account.  When the wire exits the coil the surrounding magnetic field is the defocusing magnetic influence.  When the wire was coming in and the electrons were being focused the ambient magnetic field didn't work against it , this was just the electron starting positions.  But when this focused electron pack exited the coil it was the ambient magnetic field that did the work returning them to the starting positions.
   I'm going to put a conductive tube inside a coil that is optimized for linear self induction (turns non overlapping of good diameter or better yet flat wire.)  Then hit the coil with 24khz and see if my theoretical voltage arises between the surface of the conductor and the interior. 
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

PulsedPower

Dragging a wire though a magnet still makes electricity only is apears across the conductor diameter which is not really much use unless the conductor is wide and has current pickups on each edge. This effect is often used in reverse where it is known as as an MHD pump. I once toyed with the idea of shooting a jet of sodium between the poles of a magnet and picking up the electricity which appeared across the jet width.

sparks

Thanks for the reply.  MHD magnetic hydro dynamic pump I think.   I need to rename this subject to what happens when you draw a wire through a solenoid coil.  This is a little different then the horseshoe magnet because the poles are longitudinal to the wire draw.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love