Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

hey guys ! a new type of windmill (french site)

Started by titof, December 15, 2007, 10:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-R

Quote from: minesapint on December 17, 2007, 05:36:34 AM
I patented something similar a few years ago....GB2396190A
Think big. If you can get the device up to 35,000 feet the wind is often at 250 mph
and always above 75mph (the jet stream). It could be tethered and be held up
by kiting. (Permissions will be needed. Civil Aviation will be told  where the lines are).

I wonder if you could get a small sum, maybe ?100,000 or so for a technology
demonstrator from Eon, Ecotricity or similar.
Paul.

Earl

@Mine

just saw this link and have not had the time to read it, but it sounds rebel like.

What is your analysis of this idea?

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Neo-AeroDynamic

Earl
"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - H. Poincare

"Most of all, start every day asking yourself what you will do today to make the world a better place to live in."  Mark Snoswell

"As we look ahead, we have an expression in Shell, which we like to use, and that is just as the Stone Age did not end for the lack of rocks, the oil and gas age will not end for the lack oil and gas, but rather technology will move us forward." John Hofmeister, president Shell Oil Company

Evil Roy Slade

@paul

There are a number of companies trying to harness the jet stream. Check out http://www.skywindpower.com/ww/index.htm

@earl
Thanks for the link. Another great idea!

ERS
I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.    Oscar Wilde.

minesapint

ERS

Yep go for it. Tis better to be a small part of something big than to be a large part of nothing at all (current situation).
I have done these tests - I have 3 one metre blades with a 20mm radius semicircle and the front that tails off.
They work up to 25 degrees ish of attack.
If you hold them up in a light breeze you can feel the lift.
I played around with light woods initially and did all sort of measurements but settled onto polystyrene for the next big blade as you can get it cut to any shape quite cheaply.
Do the measurement - tell me how you get on, I will be able to provide the control electronics. You'll also need some hefty motors if you proceed further.

Evil Roy Slade

@mine

Thanks, I will certainly let you know how things go. Unfortunately (or fortunately),  it's christmas summer holidays here starting from next Monday so all my bodies will be away till Jan 14th.  Until then this project will remain in the theory and concept phase.  I am looking forward to working on this project with you.

Did you check out Earl's link a few posts back? Any comment?

ERS
I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.    Oscar Wilde.