Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty1

Hi all.
I recommend you study Tesla's writings on current interrupters.
You will find that Tesla never found an optimum spark gap device.
Of course if you vibrate the whole Earth then the spark gap losses are nothing  ;)
The reason the spark gap is never perfect is because of the way the charge builds up.
Tesla wanted to discharge through a medium that would crack like glass to let the energy pass, but he found that there was always a slow build up, then a sudden build up which caused the arc.
It was this problem that Tesla was trying to solve with the magnetic quench system.

I read articles from tfcbooks.com, so the info is probably there.
There is a paper on current interrupters there but i think there is other info in a different article also.
Scotty.

Grumpy

"Resonance" is only a means to obtain very high voltage.

TFC Books has a book that details a lengthy interview between Tesla and his Attorneys:
http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/nt_on_ac.htm

On page 100 of that book Tesla states the following:

QuoteThere are two ways in which you can operate if you have a reciever of that kind.  (Tesla is refering to his system depicted in patent 645,576) One is by linking, closely, your working circuit with the primary excited circuit.  The other is by linking it loosely, and then working up the pressure by resonance.  You will find that you can do much better, if you have such a device, to produce the necessary pressure by turns, than by resonant rise, because if you want to excite it by resonance you have to link only a few lines; start with a very low electromotive force and work it up.  But, if you have such a device as I have described, you can obtain any pressure you like by a few secondary turns.  I have invented such an instrument and have demonstrated its efficacy.

So, just like Richard Hull found out in his own experiments, resonant rise will only get you so far.  It's just a means to an end, and not necessarily the best means.

It is the men of insight and the men of unobstructed vision of every generation who are able to lead us through the quagmire of a in-a-rut thinking. It is the men of imagination who are able to see relationships which escape the casual observer. It remains for the men of intuition to seek answers while others avoid even the question.
                                                                                                                                    -Frank Edwards

sparks

@Grumpy

And the device he describes? A mobius bifilar coil secondary with a two turn primary?
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

Grumpy

Quote from: sparks on December 17, 2008, 11:05:09 AM
@Grumpy

And the device he describes? A mobius bifilar coil secondary with a two turn primary?

No, just a pancake coil Tesla Transformer - two coil version - not the magnifier.
It is the men of insight and the men of unobstructed vision of every generation who are able to lead us through the quagmire of a in-a-rut thinking. It is the men of imagination who are able to see relationships which escape the casual observer. It remains for the men of intuition to seek answers while others avoid even the question.
                                                                                                                                    -Frank Edwards

antimony

I didnt want to start a new thread for my question, and this may be a bit off topic, but i searched for "extra coil", and this thread was the best fit imo for my question that is about theTMT "extra coil", and how i should go about calculating its dimensions.

For example, i have a secondary that has a SRF at about 470 kHz, and the primary is easy to calculate, but i wanted to try to put an "extra coil" on it too, but i havent found any definitive instructions on how to do it the right way.

I have Dollards "Condensed introduction to Tesla Transformers" but it is too heavy for me at the moment, because it takes so many factors into account. It is a great resource to have that information, and i will go through it, but qt the moment i just want the basic equation.