Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Closed chamber Stirling engine generator.

Started by Groundloop, February 29, 2008, 07:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinu

Quote from: Groundloop on March 04, 2008, 11:45:13 PM
@tinu,

I wish that I could take credit for this idea but I can not!  :D The rotary Stirling engine is invented by Robert L. Dieter and
has a US patent number 7,185,492 B2. It was filed August 3, 2005.

Groundloop.

Damn, damn, damn!
Although very busy at work, I was planning to study the idea in deep details. Anyway, during the last evening it was clear to me that it?s not actually a Stirling (no isochrones at all) but still worth of investigating. Biggest challenge would be the gas-tighten requirement for sliding pistons, which is in clear conflict with low drag requirement.
Well, damn again! Nothing new under the Sun and if, by slightest chance, anything new, it?s been patented already.
So, I?ve re-made my mind: It definitely won?t work!  ;D
But we still may buy it in the next year(s).  ;)

Cheers,
Tinu

Groundloop

@tinu,

I had the same thought. The center steel in the piston must be very good. If the center steel is split in two with a spring in the middle then the gas-tight will be good.

Groundloop.

dutchy1966

Hi everyone,

Afew days ago I came across a rotary stirling too, although it functions differently from the one groundloop found.
It even has construction details with it.
Maybe we can do something with that idea too....

http://www.emachineshop.com/engine

What you think?

regards

Robert

Gearhead

Quote from: dutchy1966 on March 05, 2008, 04:21:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Afew days ago I came across a rotary stirling too, although it functions differently from the one groundloop found.
It even has construction details with it.
Maybe we can do something with that idea too....

http://www.emachineshop.com/engine

What you think?

regards

Robert
From the website this quote;

"Although this design has less points of friction than a conventional Stirling engine, it is slightly less efficient as it lacks dwell time and a regenerator, and chamber air turbulence is lower. It is not the first pseudo-rotary heat engine but it is the simplest. This site shows the simple parts needed to build the engine. The model shown has a 6 inch chamber diameter."

Rotary or reciprocating with a crankshaft are more complex and prone to breakdowns as well as requiring more machining and parts.  Free piston engines can be sealed easier and promise much longer life and less parts.

Groundloop

@dutchy1966,

Thank you for providing the link to the rotary Stirling engine.

@Gearhead,

What we need is something robust that will do the job and last a long time.

Groundloop.