Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New image file size restriction and attachment size limit ! Please read !

Started by hartiberlin, March 03, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localjoe

@Stefan

Thank You ;D ;D ;D ;D  Theres always a happy medium to be found. 
GET THIS ONE - Bush wants to stop Iran from enriching uranium .. now as oberman said and others any drunk coke head can find out how to do this not just bush.

Also in reality Google has provided this info for some time.. so heres my point.

It's OK for GOOGLE TO PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR URANIUM ENRICHMENT but not OK FOR FOLKS TO SHARE TORRENTS OF MUSIC THEY POTENTIALLY OWN> AS WELL THEIR GOODS SHOULD BE SEIZED AND CHECKED AT AIRPORTS For copyright infringement.. ?????

This is the world we live in. More concerned if some exec doesn't get his buck than if some terrorist blows us to hell..

amigo

Stefan,

I know this is your call but please let me share some professional advice.

For starters, I would suggest to at least bump the attachment size to 80-100KB. Photos compressed at level 2 or 3 in Photoshop at 800x600 look like poor screen grabs of some low-res YouTube video...and there's no way you can make them fit 50KB without serious artifacts.

Next, there is a problem with the forum attachments posting. When you try to make a post with several attachments, if one of them is larger than the maximum allowed size, other uploaded attachments remain on the disk and do not get removed.
After you correct the over sized file and try to make the post again you get a message that file(s) already exists. This is a serious shortcoming of this forum software and is unacceptable from a usability point of view.

Also, I do not understand why are you downloading *all* of the attachments when you should only do incremental backups. It is a waste of your time getting the same files over and over again. I suspect that among those 4.5GB of attachments there are many dead/unlinked ones because of the issue I have outlined above.

Please consider switching to vBulletin forum. It is $160 for an owned license and it simply works. It is kept up to date with fixes and patches plus there is a gigantic community offering all kinds of free add-ons.

I am willing to donate you some money to help cover the purchase of vBulletin license and I am sure others here would be quite happy to pitch in a few $ to help.

hartiberlin

Hi Amigo,
I don?t want to switch from SMF/TP,
cause I really like it.

I enabled now encrypted Filename savings,
so you can upload the same filenames,
without being any hassle.

Okay, in an emergency it is more complicated to restore
the database, but you are correct, it was annoying,
that sometimes you had to rename the file names, just
to get them uploaded, when at the first try it timed out.

Hope this works now much better for us all.

The forum is now again faster again, as the
last days there were some issues with the server cluster I am on.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Pirate88179

@ Stefan:

I appreciate the way that you respond to our issues and actually listen to us.  Thank you.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen