Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The bio-energy mistake

Started by mapsrg, March 12, 2008, 05:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapsrg

Turning corn into ethanol,turning sugar cane into ethanol,.......supplying the energy market is lucrative but the fall out is going to be higher food prices.Growing crops for energy is a waste of land and can never supply the demand.Food is more important....

bourne

This is on the BBC website today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7284196.stm

U.S. ethanol production UP by about 20 Billion litres in the last 3 years !

QuoteRising oil prices and fears over climate change have seen a massive rise in the use of maize to make bio-fuels, pushing up food prices

Some very scary facts!

I do not know anyone who uses ethanol as a fuel, where does it all go? Who uses 35 Billion litres of ethanol per year?

That's a lot of drag-strip racing!

There is but one true power in the Universe... that which we call Love. Todays present label and conspicuously absent from our named guardians tool kit.

retrod

Quote from: bourne on March 12, 2008, 07:53:33 AM
This is on the BBC website today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7284196.stm

U.S. ethanol production UP by about 20 Billion litres in the last 3 years !

QuoteRising oil prices and fears over climate change have seen a massive rise in the use of maize to make bio-fuels, pushing up food prices

Some very scary facts!

I do not know anyone who uses ethanol as a fuel, where does it all go? Who uses 35 Billion litres of ethanol per year?

That's a lot of drag-strip racing!

In the U.S. it is blended (formulated) with gasoline and is the only fuel available in high polution areas. In these areas it is called an oxygenated fuel. Various blends are also available nationwide and used in flex-fuel vehicles. I agree it is a waste of valuable farmland.

RD

bourne

Thanks retrod, I didn't know that.

In my opinion single crop farmland is still a waste of farmland what ever is grown
Perma-culture invented by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren in the 70's is the only sustainable way of growing food, with huge abundance!

http://www.permaculture.org.uk/mm.asp?mmfile=whatispermaculture

Like Vicktor Schauberger said "comprehend and copy nature"
There is but one true power in the Universe... that which we call Love. Todays present label and conspicuously absent from our named guardians tool kit.

one

In the U.S. it is blended (formulated) with gasoline and is the only fuel available in high polution areas. In these areas it is called an oxygenated fuel. Various blends are also available nationwide and used in flex-fuel vehicles. I agree it is a waste of valuable farmland.

RD

It is my understanding that the  grain  used for  ethanol  is  then  used as feed for livestock .   

gary