Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

government question

Started by cameron sydenham, April 11, 2008, 11:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron sydenham

I was recently "enlightend" to an "article" that the us government can "take" a patent if they deem it necessary to them and best if not released to the world. any other knowledge on this and

hypothetically, if one were to successfully build an o.e. machine, should they patenet in the u.s. or outside the u.s. first to make sure it does in fact get released to the world.

Bulbz

Quote from: cameron sydenham on April 11, 2008, 11:29:50 PM
I was recently "enlightend" to an "article" that the us government can "take" a patent if they deem it necessary to them and best if not released to the world. any other knowledge on this and

hypothetically, if one were to successfully build an o.e. machine, should they patenet in the u.s. or outside the u.s. first to make sure it does in fact get released to the world.

One way to avoid the greedy b**tards evaporating an invention by means of seizing a patent, is to keep a video log-diary of the invention from start to end..... That's one of the many benefits of affordable, modern camcorders  ;D.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

Bulbz

I think the best thing is to convince all of the "Average Joe" culture to believe, that obtaining free energy is possible. That is the only way to break the mould, and to show the greedy and powerful that they are not the only one's that deserve to live easily.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

shruggedatlas

Quote from: cameron sydenham on April 11, 2008, 11:29:50 PM

You know, you speak in a funny way. The purpose of the patent is not to "release the info" to the world.  The purpose of the patent is to provide protection for a novel invention.  In fact, good patent lawyers will describe the invention enough to grant effective and broad protection, but will not reveal more information than is necessary.  So that is just a crazy question.

I am having a hard time figuring out your organization.  On one hand, you want $5 to $10 million more to secure patents, and you also say that you guys have been well funded so far.  But you do not have a few hundred dollars to speak to a patent lawyer for a couple of hours?  He or she could explain all this to you, and it would be expert advice you could actually trust and make a business plan from, as opposed to the knee jerk "oh no, the government will seize your idea, make a video of it first" kind of drivel you get here sometimes.

So if you guys are really that flat broke and you cannot even hire a decent lawyer for a couple of hours, here is what you should consider.  First, do a Google search for secrecy orders, so you know what you are dealing with and what the risk really is.  Do not automatically trust what people tell you on here; do the research yourself and read the regulations.

If your decision is whether to first file a foreign patent before filing a U.S. patent, I don't think it matters.  The government will not care if you already have a foreign patent - a secrecy order could still be put in place.

You could try to break the patent down into multiple parts and separate patents to diversify the risk of one patent being placed under a secrecy order.

You could choose to not ever seek a U.S. patent.

Which is the right choice for you?  Who knows?  You definitely need to hire a lawyer.

cameron sydenham

thanks atlas. after mentioning this to the inventor, the patent attorny and him had already come to that same conclusion as to patent each individual part, then the whole if needed at the end.
as to the earlier reply of meeding @ 5-10 m, this was not only for the patent firms and expenses, but we are also incuding an upfront budget for accounting firms as well as valuation firms to get an accurate value and worth of companys that would have a need and interest in a product like this.

I am curious
we have a business model in place, but how would you justify the upfront cost to different companys and a royalty amounts for such a product??