Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is this is possible, any help?

Started by TheOne, August 21, 2005, 10:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOne

Hi, i am looking for a circuit (like multimeter, or something similar) to be able to connect to the serial port of my computer.

I am coding a motor controller using paralelle port, i want to add the feature to see the volt/amp/watt used by the motor and see the output of the generator and record that via the program.

I am not an electronic expert so i dont know if its possible to do that. I hope its possible!

Any help would be appreciate?

When the program will be finished i will give for free! :)

gast

Hi TheOne,

there are some multimeters on the market with an serial port for connecting it
to a pc (like this one: http://www.fabian.com.mt/tnm/ut70b.html).
Mostly they are shipped with an special PC-programm for saving the measured data, doing long time measurements and so on...

But dont ask me how to read out the meassured values in an own program. :-(

Regards, Gast

TheOne

yeah but i have already one, and i heard this kind of multimeter are slow with serial port like one update per second. And you need to play with the multimeter to select what you want.

I want something more custom, and if my program use that, nobody will able to use unless they buy the same multimeter.

Using a simple circuit, poeple will able to contruct it with less money :)

I found that http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/micro/SerialDVM/AVRDVM.htm but i am not sure
if that can do the job.

But something like that ro similar to that i am trying to find

Thanks anyway!

TheOne

maybe i need to find 2 circuit like voltmeter + ampmeter

so the program will talk to the motor controller using the parallel port + voltmeter (serial port) + amp meter using an another serial port :)

i just need to find out a amp meter using serial port now, the only i did not find yet!

Any help?