Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exxcomm0n

My God. It's full of stars!

I got me a fine dose of high grade concept and it's calmed me to the point of not posting (ya gotta like that!).

@ Smoky

I tried to say that same thing a while back, but the numbers were whacked. Only approximate.

You are so close. Keep poking the idea with a stick and make sure it isn't playing possum.

If the wheel works, the fulcrum should too.

The wheels axle is a fulcrum but the direction is only 1 way.

Think of the arc of the lever as the 7-1 magnet arc and both arcs push/pulling through a full cycle.
But that it that it reverses every full arc.

Am I making any sense?

God, I'm tired.

But happy!
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

spinner

Quote from: tbnz on June 10, 2008, 04:13:44 AM
Wow purepower you really have taken over this forum with your nonsense rambling!

Just as well the original productive discussion has moved elsewhere.

Well, i wouldn't say it's a nonsense rambling, that would be unfair, but it certainly is extended beyond a good taste...

Hmm, looks like he wants to own all the toys on the playground, lol! And the rest of the kids are left with just one choice - play with him (by his rules), or run away in tears...

Seriously, it's starting to annoy me - I've seen him taking over mine and other people's original thoughts/contribution, then presenting it as his own in several tons of posts....

Purepower, nothing personal here, I think you're an intelligent and educated person, but you're just not the smartest guy in the world, OK?   (And I am certainly not implying that I am...).
Maybe Archer is?  ;D

Oh, yes, sm0ky2, I can assure you too that you're not the only one who "got it" (Archer's lever 'problem')...

Cheers!
"Ex nihilo nihil"

Rusty_Springs

Quote from: mango tarbash on June 10, 2008, 03:22:47 AM
Hey BATMAN! That setup you have there looks really serious! I think you've attacked the problem from a sensible direction. We have to make something that is going to get a generator going round so you might as well start with your target generator!

ANYONE: Regarding this 'wall' effect on the wheel. Has anyone ever simply forgotten the wheel and lever and simply played with magnet arrangements first up??

We need to get our arm up and past the dead zone where we start losing the biggest portion of our energy.

I think trying to make a staircase of magnets that will push a magnet (on a rod or lever) straight to the top would be a great and worthwhile pursuit by itself. Surely there has to be an optimum arrangement\angle set up to reduce attraction\drag and exploit the push\repulsion? Perhaps a hinged magnet on a ratchet?

Anyone who can get a magnet to slide up from the bottom to the top will have solved our entire problem I think.

I'm going to take the plunge now and order myself a stack of different shaped magnets and experiment with them.

Where's the best place in Europe to order online?

Hi mango tarbash
The step magnets you talk about I call overlapping magnet, I have arc magnet with the north one side the south the other and I clue them together at there half way point so when attracting you attract to the first magnet move to the half way point where the second magnet is and attract to that magnet and so on.

That setup will attract almost all the way around but not all the way because if the loop is closed you don't get a starting point so you get no movement, this setup will attract a rotor in and take it all the way to the top but it will not release it because you get the attract back from the last magnet.

You could overlap them the other way to repel but you get the opposite problem and thats the repel of the first magnet wont let your rotor in and there is the problem all magnetic systems have so far, they can attract in but not repel out or repel out but not attract in.

In theory I have beaten this problem but at this stage it only theory so until I can prove it I will not be releasing it.
Take Care mango tarbash
Graham

legendre

Dirt Diggler,

Quote from: dirt diggler on June 09, 2008, 08:02:28 PM
I'd love to see you drive a generator putting out 10000 watts with 13.41 hp!!!
with losses, I bet you'd have trouble getting 8-9000 watts, now maybe with a diesel engine, and it's GREATER TORQUE, you could perhaps get closer.

Err... what part about 'will take that and more' wasn't clear to you? A modern high-efficiency generator (90% or so) will require ~15HP to output 10,000W (10kW).

Horsepower and watts (kilowatts) are both power metrics, and are freely convertible: kW x 1.34 = HP / HP x .746 = kW. On the other hand, torque is not a power metric..

So long as a given engine can output ~15HP at some suitable RPM, it can drive a 10kW generator to full output. Torque is part of the HP equation, but it only tells you half of the story.. High HP can be high torque at low RPM, or high RPM at low torque.

-L

spinner

Quote from: legendre on June 10, 2008, 08:19:38 AM
Dirt Diggler,

Err... what part about 'will take that and more' wasn't clear to you? A modern high-efficiency generator (90% or so) will require ~15HP to output 10,000W (10kW).

Horsepower and watts (kilowatts) are both power metrics, and are freely convertible: kW x 1.34 = HP / HP x .746 = kW. On the other hand, torque is not a power metric..

So long as a given engine can output ~15HP at some suitable RPM, it can drive a 10kW generator to full output. Torque is part of the HP equation, but it only tells you half of the story.. High HP can be high torque at low RPM, or high RPM at low torque.

-L

Lol, welcome back to the kindergarten! (I thought you left for good when the OU lever discussion started...)

Btw, you're not so "busy" there, I presume...?
Cheers!
"Ex nihilo nihil"