Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legendre

Quote from: spinner on June 10, 2008, 08:43:31 AM
Btw, you're not so "busy" there, I presume...?
Cheers!

As in 'busy' talking to the Irishman about magnets? No, not really! ;-)

-L

spinner

Well, i think it's alright if you do that with a pint(s) of Guinness?  :P
Looks like ferrofluid, but tastes much better...
"Ex nihilo nihil"

dirt diggler

Quote from: legendre on June 10, 2008, 08:19:38 AM
Dirt Diggler,

Err... what part about 'will take that and more' wasn't clear to you? A modern high-efficiency generator (90% or so) will require ~15HP to output 10,000W (10kW).

Horsepower and watts (kilowatts) are both power metrics, and are freely convertible: kW x 1.34 = HP / HP x .746 = kW. On the other hand, torque is not a power metric..

So long as a given engine can output ~15HP at some suitable RPM, it can drive a 10kW generator to full output. Torque is part of the HP equation, but it only tells you half of the story.. High HP can be high torque at low RPM, or high RPM at low torque.

-L

Sorry Legendre, I was using real world numbers, if you had read my post, I said that it would take about 15 HP.  I was not simply dividing 10000 by 746.  that number means nothing, because in this world we don't have anywhere near 100% efficiancy (yet).  wait for the 20th for that.

EDIT:
You will also notice that many items are now sold with a torque rating instead of HP. there are too many tricks played with horsepower ratings.  torque on the other hand tells you exactly what to expect from a device.  it is the only important number in a "real world" piece of equipment.
No, really, I love beating my head against this wall.......

MrKai

I have figured it out. You guys just like to argue and name-call.

I went back and looked at Purepower's last 15 or so posts and it appears to me that he wishes to dicuss the business at hand on the merits, has answered or helped others answer technical questions and has even advanced a couple of theories on how to make the wheel thingee more efficient...

But yet, it appears that anything the man says is going to get attacked on General Principle.

@PurePower:

I kind of got the same impression about the lever thingee too, but I think a piece of data is missing; we do not know the method he plans to use to get the thing to reset itself.

Like i said before, while *you* might care about the "why" a bit more than the "what"...at the end of the day, I believe a machine or device that needs a kickstart to get going, but can sustain itself will be "close enough" for practical application if it can generate electricity.

As long as someone doesn't have to keep resetting it, and the mechanism for doing this, whatever it is, doesn't take too much away from the juice that you get to use, no one will give a damned but the physicists...

I think your "free" energy/"free energy"/Perpetual Motion analysis/definition was spot on.

@Everyone except Legendare ;)

I think you guys need to learn when to say when; the vitrol levels have dropped sharply again, and everyone is trying to play nice.

Let's keep it that way.

@Legendare:

Stop. Seriously. While many of these people may "hate" me due to my centrist, logic/reason-based stance and point of view, I am STILL INTERESTED in the topic at hand FOR ITS OWN SAKE and you popping in every other page to call people names at random when you aren't even being addressed at all is beyond trolling and not cool.

If you are going to gloat, I think in 10 days you'll have more than enough "muhahahahaha" ammo so can you just keep it in your pants 'til then?

-K

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/ - Join the Cult of Reason!

Edpsx

Ok, so I had an idea on the wheel.  What about adding the extra weight that extends past the rod onto the wheel itself.  You should get the same effect and take work away from the magnets since the rod itself wont weigh as much.  It would also allow for smaller magnets to be used.  Archer says 30% weight on the outside, so make the new weight only 20% and the rod can add the extra 10% needed for gravity to take over.  (These are just approximate numbers as I am just throwing ideas out)  It just seems to make more sense to me to have a balanced wheel minus the sliding rods.  His design just screams too much work, but it may only work that way.

And what about halbach arrays?  Wouldnt this help alleviate some of the wall effect?

I'll attach a picture of what Im talking about. 

Its just an idea though.  Thoughts anyone?