Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Human power idea #2

Started by tmpcbtc, April 26, 2008, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: tmpcbtc on May 01, 2008, 01:32:54 PM
If you took a one megawatt generator and hooked it up to a large enough wheel, even the force of one person pushing the (VERY large) wheel would be able to spin the generator at optimal speed (to generate 1 megawatt constantly).

I don't think you are getting it.  To make the scenario above work, the circle would be so large that it would take the person days and days to make enough revolutions to generate the requisite amount of power.  So if (and I do not swear to this figure) the calculation is that it takes 50 man-days of pedaling effort to generate one day's worth of electricity for a house, there is no way to cheat this equation.

Creativity

utilitarian has right.

u will have to push with less force,but u will also have to walk longer distance when pushing...in the end its the same work done.
just build yourself a Minto wheel and use the sun to do your slavery  ;) :D
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

tmpcbtc

Quote from: utilitarian on May 01, 2008, 02:26:48 PM
To make the scenario above work, the circle would be so large that it would take the person days and days to make enough revolutions to generate the requisite amount of power.  So if (and I do not swear to this figure) the calculation is that it takes 50 man-days of pedaling effort to generate one day's worth of electricity for a house, there is no way to cheat this equation.
Yes, exactly, a very big wheel. Say it took a full day for one person to push the large wheel 1 revolution. But every second of that one day, you are still generating 1 Megawatt of energy from the quickly spinning generator.
This link
It is a very efficient form of energy.
I was trying to find the link I saw of a guy who made a modified bicycle generator. He had to make the wheel he was pushing very large to get enough torque on his generator, which required him to sit like 5 feet up in the air on the bike, but it would power all his appliances for the morning.
If you tilt the wheel sideways and push, and make the wheel bigger, you get more torque.
This works!~

tmpcbtc

Quote from: Creativity on May 01, 2008, 03:47:48 PM
just build yourself a Minto wheel and use the sun to do your slavery  ;) :D
<a href="http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/freenrg/minto.html>Minto wheel?</a>
Yes, hmm, the Minto wheel seems to work on the same principle as those little birds that drink out of a cup of water! The question is...why haven't we built some giant Minto wheels for national energy? :o