Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Come on, let's cut Archer Quinn some slack

Started by jratcliff, April 29, 2008, 06:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exxcomm0n

Fair 'nuff.

I thought and played with computers.
What's the going rate on that?

The playing with computers I get paid well for. The thought I see as of enormous importance to me.

You obviously value your thoughts enough to post them here, so did I.

The value of listening to "every crackpot out there" is that I listened to form an opinion, evaluated all the points, and formed my opinion from what I thought vs. what I was told.

Like a child in front of a naked emporer.

Tesla was finally historically seen as a "kook", but you wouldn't be able to use an electrical appliance without his brilliance and A/C current.

I'm no better than you, just different.

I did nothing to create or discover "free" energy, but I discovered through some experiences of others how not to.
Like Edison finding out how not to make the filament for a light bulb.
That poor guy didn't seem to make it far, did he?

But he didn't have the internet to expound upon and share concepts either, did he?
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

jratcliff

To be fair, I want to make clear what are my own personal interests in PMM.  What draws me to this topic is the mythology itself.  I used to follow UFO myth for a while, but I got bored with it eventually.  After enough time and consideration I finally came to the conclusion that UFOs are real and that until the jack-asses flying the UFOs stop flitting about the shadows, I won't let them bother me any more than I bother them.

I did look into conspiracy theories for a while, until I concluded that even though conspiracies do in fact exist (as Robert Anton Wilson pointed out, it is part of our natural primate psychology), it doesn't change the rules of evidence.  That is to say that once you fall into the trap of treating a lack of evidence as proof for the existence of something, you have fallen so far down a rabbit hole that you put your rational mind at risk.

What fascinates me the most, personally, is why anyone believes anything that they do.  Whether it is UFOs, conspiracy theories, Scientology, Mormonism, Catholicism, or perpetual motion machines.

I never cease to be amazed at the processes that lead individuals to adopt, adapt, and shape their own personal reality labyrinths.

Right now Archer Quinn is presenting an entertaining piece of mythology.  As his story unfolds it will continue to entertain and amuse those of us who frequent this forum.  There is nothing to be gained by calling him a fraud or a lunatic at this point.  We might scare him away and, thus, lose the delightful story that is sure to unfold.

Remember the 'Joe Cell', 'Stanley Meyer', or those guys who got all excited about the Hale Boppe comet?  Let the story unfold, watch it develop in real-time on our forums.  Let members attempt to replicate his device and wait, with baited breath, for stories of men-in-black who so frighten and disturb our reluctant hero that he destroys his device and repudiates all claims.

Let this fable run its course and wind its way into PMM mythological history.

For those of us who don't actually bother to build any of these machines, it is the story itself that is the reward.

Leave my Archer Quinn alone, I want to hear the rest of his tale as I am sure it will be an entertaining one.

John W. Ratcliff
http://jratcliffscarab.blogspot.com/

helmut

It was just a matter of time,that the neysayers come here and try to disturb the freedom of
a community.

Here and now,there are useless.
Useless ,as some Person in a Hospitalroom beside a bed,
where a child will come out of mothers loaf.
cry out loud : it is death it is death,  while one can see some of babys hair and not more.
Such people are useless and not welcome,because there only interest is to do some Crucifixion.

They came here
Name her thread after a Inventor just like Lable on a coffin.
That is in my sight absolutly against the philosophy of this Forum.

That`s the Moment,when i ask Stefan to do a whise step.

helmut

Bobbotov

>We might scare him away and, thus, lose the delightful story that is sure to unfold.

I seriously doubt that. He is an egomaniac desperate for attention and usually those types do not go away quietly until they have satisfied their egos. This guy comes across like Jeffery Goines from Twelve Monkeys.

I agree with the other things you wrote and I too am amazed at the depth of belief people have with so little impetus to do so. No one has ever convinced me that believing in anything is a good thing. Knowledge, yes, but not belief. Either you know or you don't. Knowledge is black and white, belief is one vast gray sea that has no boundaries, no form, no substance. Like smoke. Just add mirrors to reflect whatever you want. And usually the reflection is ourselves.

The issue I see though is that we do not need mythology to solve our problems. Our problems are real and if we wait for the "Gods"  or other Myths to solve them we are sure to wait in vain until it is too late. If there were a tornado coming and you were trying to gather everyone into the storm cellar but they were sitting around enraptured by a guy who was telling them that the Plaideans had placed a impenetrable shield around them to protect them what would you do? Let them die? There is an Arabic saying that goes, "trust in Allah but tie up your camel." Meaning, you are better off hedging your bets and while believing in something make sure you do the pragmatic thing and cover your ass just in case.

Most people do not have the ability to handle hard science. It is not as accessible as a Myth. It follows rules, it requires math and extreme powers of observation, hard work and diligent documentation. Myths are easy, require no math and have no rules. They can be whatever you want them to be except real.

AB Hammer

I myself am looking forward to June 20th  ;D
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan