Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Disassembly of a microwave oven

Started by Dr.Greenthumb, April 30, 2008, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Greenthumb

Anyone have any info? tips? what parts are good for what? What about the magnetron?

Doug1

I keep everything but the case and the door.Everything ells is usable eventually. I may never have a use for the magnetron but Im keeping them any way. All the magnets removed from it. Nice big fatty transformer and cap huh? When I get enough of them I want to start building one of those fuel less motors which to me is the same thing as a Bendinni motor just bigger. Make sure you disscharge the cap many times in case it has some stored power in it.

Dr.Greenthumb

I have an old sunbeam microwave down stairs thats not going to be used this is why I ask. How would i discharge the capacitor? Yes i mentioned the magnetron because i read somewhere that it has a rather powerful perm magnet on it. I'm guessing the transformer will not store any charge?

Peterae

Be very careful with that cap, it cap hold a very high voltage, there can be enough energy in it to put you 6 feet under, the first thing you need to do when you take the lid off , having of course unplugged from the mains, is use a crock lead , connect one crock to the earth point where the mains earth is inside(or a bare metal chassis part inside), clicp the other crock onto an insulated screwdriver or probe, hold the insulation of the screwdriver or probe and then push it right into each side of the cap and hold for a second or so, do both sides f the cap, and just to be double sure, check everything and re do, using insulated pliers pull the clipped leads of both connections of the cap, and re earth both connections of the cap and then short together both terminals.

I cannot stress how important it is to make sure they have been fully shorted to ground - your life could depend on it.

If you want a nice big round magnet, unscrew the magnetron from it's mounting points and dissassemble it, a bit of brute force will yield a nice magnet.

You could take the transformer out, but bear in mind this thing generates high voltage if ever connected to the mains.

Be save and good hunting, another thing to watch for are the edges of the caseing they enjoy slicing fingers.

Peter

utilitarian

Quote from: Dr.Greenthumb on April 30, 2008, 03:50:05 PM
How would i discharge the capacitor?

You need to be really really careful with the capacitor, or you could be seriously injured or die.  Sorry if this is info you already know, but I thought I would tell you just in case.

You can discharge the capacitor by shorting it out, but that is a little dangerous.  A better way is to connect the terminals to a resistor, maybe 10,000 to 20,000 ohm, and let it discharge that way.