Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

David Bowling's Continuous Charging Device

Started by sterlinga, April 30, 2008, 10:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citfta

Quote from: tinman on November 02, 2017, 08:02:01 PM
Carroll

This is normal for any type of battery.

Right after being charged,the battery will be hot,and heat increases the internal resistance.
Once you let the battery cool,the internal resistance go's down,thus the voltage go's down,and the CCA will go up.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this.  My pulse charging system does not heat the battery.  After 12 hours of charging there is no noticeable difference in the temperature of the battery case and the ambient air temp.  I believe the change in internal resistance and capacity is a function of the chemical processes still taking place in the battery after the charging cycle has ended.  And yes I do realize this is normal for any battery coming off a charge.  I was sharing this so that others might realize the importance of the rest period after charging.

Respectfully,
Carroll

tinman

Quote from: citfta on November 03, 2017, 07:01:00 AM
Hi Brad,

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this.  My pulse charging system does not heat the battery.  After 12 hours of charging there is no noticeable difference in the temperature of the battery case and the ambient air temp.  I believe the change in internal resistance and capacity is a function of the chemical processes still taking place in the battery after the charging cycle has ended.  And yes I do realize this is normal for any battery coming off a charge.  I was sharing this so that others might realize the importance of the rest period after charging.

Respectfully,
Carroll

Hi Carroll

We are talking very slight temperature changes here,and there will be some heating of the Elite when a current is flowing through a battery.

All batteries change in temperature when charged,and need time to cool and settle to reach there float voltage.

Here is one great link,filled with good information.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_the_lead_acid_battery

A quote from that link : Observe the storage temperature when measuring the open circuit voltage. A cool battery lowers the voltage slightly and a warm one increases it.

I bet you a beer that if you go and sit your battery in the sun for half an hour,the voltage will go up.

A 1*C change in temperature,can alter the open voltage of a battery by .3 volts.
If you can detect a 1*C change in temperature by your hand--your doing good  ;D

QuoteI believe the change in internal resistance and capacity is a function of the chemical processes still taking place in the battery after the charging cycle has ended.

Indeed it is--it is the acid cooling and becoming more conductive.
There is also a secondary situation happening at the same time,which also decreases voltage,and increases CCA value,and that is--all the bubbles that formed on the plates during charging,will dissipate over time,and then your acid to plate contact increases.

Hope that helps out.

Brad

TinselKoala

citfta