Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Need C++ programmer who has time to modify source code

Started by Earl, May 11, 2008, 05:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ailos

Nevermind, found the development libraries. Had to compile them though. SPEEX it is!

Earl

@Ailos

hope your exams have been going well.

Two things occurred to me.

1- There should be a configuration possibility to send the ringing signal tone to the computer's speaker if one is using a USB headset with microphone.

2-  I don't know if files are compressed before sending?  If not then they should be compressed, perhaps with a filter not to compress *.png *.gif *.jpg

Some possibilities to do this are:

A Massively Spiffy Yet Delicately Unobtrusive Compression Library
by Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler, source and also compiled WIN dll at:
http://www.zlib.net/
================
Zip Utils - clean, elegant, simple, C++/Win32  site says:
# Clean packaging. There's one pair of files zip.cpp, zip.h to add to your project if you want Zip. Another pair unzip.cpp, unzip.h if you want unzip (or both if you want both!). There are no additional libraries or DLLs to worry about.
# Clean API. Most other APIs around zip/unzip are terrible. This one is the best. The API is short, clean, and in a familiar Win32 style. Most other APIs wrap things up in classes, which is ugly overkill for such a small problem and always turn out to be too inflexible. Mine doesn't. See the code snippets below.
===============================
LZO
http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/

Best regards, Earl
"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - H. Poincare

"Most of all, start every day asking yourself what you will do today to make the world a better place to live in."  Mark Snoswell

"As we look ahead, we have an expression in Shell, which we like to use, and that is just as the Stone Age did not end for the lack of rocks, the oil and gas age will not end for the lack oil and gas, but rather technology will move us forward." John Hofmeister, president Shell Oil Company

Ailos

@Earl,

As far as #1 goes, it's not really a possibility to choose which hardware to send audio data to, or switch between them. The audio data handled in C, C++, and any other Win32 development platform is handled by windows. Hardware wise, windows is generally limited to using one audio interface at a time. I suppose it could theoretically be possible to use assembly to interface directly with different hardware, but it would take extensive knowledge of both assembly and the instructions used by the hardware itself (neither of which I'm really skilled with).

Number 2 is possible, though it would likely be easier to compress the folders/files prior to sending. There's multitudes of excellent, free compression tools available, like IZArc and the like. I could possibly implement this, but its somewhat of a redundancy with today's state of software. Windows XP is shipped with the capacity to both compress and uncompress .zip files, as is most distros of linux and OSX.

Just some thoughts

Earl

ok, understand

then forget about my last post and the ZIP can be done manually before sending.

Earl
"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - H. Poincare

"Most of all, start every day asking yourself what you will do today to make the world a better place to live in."  Mark Snoswell

"As we look ahead, we have an expression in Shell, which we like to use, and that is just as the Stone Age did not end for the lack of rocks, the oil and gas age will not end for the lack oil and gas, but rather technology will move us forward." John Hofmeister, president Shell Oil Company