Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Self Holding Weight

Started by Alexioco, May 20, 2008, 04:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexioco

I came up with a simple design on how to put a weight on a seesaw and yet the seesaw does not lower as if the weight has become weightless...

A cord is attached to the seesaw which goes up and around a pulley, comes back down and connects to the weight, the weight is then placed on the seesaw and this is what happens.

Because the weight is pulling the seesaw up via the pulley, at the sametime the weight is resting on the seesaw preventing the seesaw from rising it results in the weight holding itself up on the seesaw, you might say it is perpetually holding itself up because the weight wants to push the seesaw down which pulls the seesaw up...

If this was looked at, you might make it so when it does this, a tiny bit of presure on the other end of the seesaw will lift the heavy weight...

Hope you like it...

The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.

broli

To what is the pulley attached?

fletcher

This is called "boot strapping " Alex - where, if you reach down & grab your shoes laces & continually tug upwards on them you can levitate - I think that is how David Blaine does it - his hands are in his pockets pulling on extra long shoe laces - if you pull one side harder than the other you can go in circles  ;)

hartiberlin

Hi Alex,
can you show a real picture of it ?

Or is this a joke ?

Well, I am off to simulate this in WM2D.
What are the weight ratios of the See-Saw versus the ball and the spring ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

hartiberlin

Ahh,
I just see, there is a fixed rod there where the pulley goes over it.
Yes, the forces should be okay then.
It is, as if there is only one thread, which fixes the see saw to the upper rod.

Now, what is interesting.
Let the weight just go like a pendulum and the see-saw will
go up and down,
so you can lift another weight on the other side of the see-saw.

Maybe this could be used for a gravity wheel ?
Hmm...have to ponder about this.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum