Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Japansese Jaxa Moon videos..

Started by hartiberlin, June 03, 2008, 08:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Entropy

Quote from: hartiberlin on June 03, 2008, 08:48:24 PM
The sun is shining this way, on the moon, that it comes from the upper left side of the screen.
A fascinating optical illusion.  What you think is a protrusion is actually an indentation, and vice versa, causing you think that the light is coming from the wrong direction.

Stare at it until you can see it the other way, and you'll see that the sun is behind you and over your right shoulder.

Cheers,

Mr. Entropy

Charlie_V

The only reason to fake it would be that the original probe failed and they are trying to fool their funders.  However, these pictures are way to crappy to be fake.  I would think hoaxers would make better pictures, especially with all the heat NASA has gotten. 

Personally though, I don't really care one way or the other.

z.monkey

Howdy Y'all,

When you are in space the stars are barely visible.  The starlight is higher in frequency than you eyes can fully detect.  The camera is less sensitive than your eyes, thus no stars.  The stars are more visible in the atmosphere because the light is slowed down by friction with the air and it falls into the visible range.  The stars are more visible from the moons surface than in space.  The moon has a slight, tenuous atmosphere that makes this effect.

Blessed Be Brothers...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

Bubba1

What's wrong with this crater?  It's a perfect circle!

sigmaX

HI Hartiberlin, et all:

I am no expert, but I think that earth's athmosphere acts as a magnifying lens, so we see a bigger moon than it actually is. This is particularly noticeable when the moon is right above the horizon, and we got that big full yellowish moon, that women get so crazy about with their "how romantic" or whatever sayings ;)

Now in space, the magnifying lens is gone. THUS: earth is "small" seen from the moon.

Now, about stars, I am not that sure that light gets shifted or slowed by athmosphere (Actually I don?t think so)... I believe problem is more on the brightness compensation circuits inside the camera: If they try to get the stars right, both moon and earth will be burned away. So they close the electronic iris to get the "big picture" and shuts down the stars.

As many says, those are my "two cents".

Regards,

Enrique.