Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Failure of overunity inventions due to wrong core material

Started by Butch, June 16, 2008, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Of the more than 1200 permanent magnet or permanent magnet/electromagnet designs I have come up with, only around 30 were built and tested by Mark our group machinist in California. Of those 30 I feel we got overunity indications from 3 maybe 4. We put loads on the generators and got no indication of increase in load on the drive motor. We had limited funding and we used solid mild steel for core material. If we had been able to use laminated electrical steel like the type used in transformers we would have seen a very dramatic difference in results. We were working with a permeability of 300 when electrical steel would have had as high as 5000. I'm still amazed we got any power at all using the mild steel with the low permeability and problem of eddy current losses due to the steel not being laminated and having high electrical conductivity as compared to silicon electrical steel. I will always wonder how many of the designs built had the potential for overunity but had poor performance due to incorrect core material.
I wanted to tell anyone building magnetic motors or generators in an attempt to achieve overunity to try to use electrical steel if at all possible. It could be the difference between total failure and total success. There are many other core materials available than far exceed electrical steel but are very expensive. I have attached links that list the permeability of different materials and other useful information on the role of permeability of core material. Eddy current losses are very important also when choosing a material. Our mild steel would get to hot to touch and we had to stop the test runs due to this eddy current induced heat. If your design does not work, it could be the core material. I can not emphasize enough the importance of the proper core material. It can save you years of time and thousands of dollars. If we had only had the funding for at least laminated electrical steel we may have had a number of overunity machines at this time. Funding is so important with this type of research. You can't cut corners when working with magnetism, it will only take you to a dead end street.
See links > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_core
Also > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_permeability
Interesting note: Ultra high permeability materials The material with the highest magnetic permeability is Metglas Magnetic Alloy 2714A (Cobalt-based) [7] with a high frequency annealed permeability of 1,000,000 (Maximum DC Permeability (?)). Hydrogen annealed (pure iron - N5 grade) can have a permeability of 160,000 (?) but is very expensive.
Thanks,
Butch laFonte
Birmingham, Alabama

ramset

Butch thanks  seems like you did a lot of research on this   the fellows that need to see this  im sure will     Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

wattsup

@Bruce

Thanks for your very humbled information. This is not given out of your hat. I realize this one bit of info must have cost you guys a major amount of money to realize. Very appreciated.

I have not built my own motors, but I have spent a pretty penny using standard motors, generators and gear systems that do have those laminations already in them. But then you are exposed to the other pitfalls being drag, loss of rpm, etc. We're all pulling on the same elastic and wonder why things get tight. lol

Check this out on Ebay for Metglass
http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=metglass&category0=

You can also get good laminations from junked alternators.

@LarryC

Good link indeed.

wattsup

@Butch

My above post is to you. Sorry for the Bruce thing.
Tried correcting it but there is no modify link.

@ramset

Thanks for the PM.

@Stefan

Why is it that in some threads there is no modify link on our own posts.
Like this one.
So you have to post a correction.
Like this one.
Using up more band width, reading and testing time.
Like this is.

Added:

@Stefan

This post does have the modify, but the one above this one doe snot show the modify link. So it is the first post in a thread, but if you post again in the thread, you do have the modify link. Weird.