Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

magnetic battery

Started by Creativity, June 23, 2008, 07:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0ne

FrozenWaterLab

This is similar
They have proved beyond doubt that the invention is practical and that when finally brought to a state of perfection it will introduce a new epoch in the industrial use of electricity. By Westinghouse meters they tested the strength of the current gathered from the air, and with the use of only two of the four rectifying transformers the voltmeter recorded four and one-half volts, and the ammeter, which had the capacity of recording 75 amperes, was broken by the force of the current.
The machine itself is simple. It is in reality a transformer, which is familiar to anyone knowing anything at all about electricity in its practical uses. On a high tripod, which resembles somewhat the framework of a windmill tower, is the transformer, which Mr Meyers calls his ‘absorber’. It is made up of an iron core, wrapped with copper wire. The secret of the invention is the manner in which the disks composing this ‘absorber’ are magnetized, and this secret Meyers says he found by accident while at work in prison.
What the machine, when finally perfected, will do is yet to be seen. Its inventor claims that it will greatly reduce the cost of making electricity. No batteries of any kind are needed, he says, and not a part of the machine turns upon the other. It is as durable, apparently, as an electric light pole. One of these machines, says Meyers, when perfected may be placed on a vehicle and transform enough electricity to give motive power, be that vehicle a locomotive or an automobile. He declared it can be placed on a building to furnish electric lights or power, and that the only wear will be upon the machinery which its current runs.
Meyers is 34 years old and he gained his knowledge of electricity by working in shops along the Pacific Coast. The depths of the mysteries of electricity he has not explored, but he is certain that he has found the means of absorbing it from the air and of converting it to the use of mankind.

British (GB) Patent # 191301098

resonanceman

Quote from: FrozenWaterLab on August 21, 2010, 07:26:24 AM
This is similar
They have proved beyond doubt that the invention is practical and that when finally brought to a state of perfection it will introduce a new epoch in the industrial use of electricity. By Westinghouse meters they tested the strength of the current gathered from the air, and with the use of only two of the four rectifying transformers the voltmeter recorded four and one-half volts, and the ammeter, which had the capacity of recording 75 amperes, was broken by the force of the current.
The machine itself is simple. It is in reality a transformer, which is familiar to anyone knowing anything at all about electricity in its practical uses. On a high tripod, which resembles somewhat the framework of a windmill tower, is the transformer, which Mr Meyers calls his ‘absorber’. It is made up of an iron core, wrapped with copper wire. The secret of the invention is the manner in which the disks composing this ‘absorber’ are magnetized, and this secret Meyers says he found by accident while at work in prison.
What the machine, when finally perfected, will do is yet to be seen. Its inventor claims that it will greatly reduce the cost of making electricity. No batteries of any kind are needed, he says, and not a part of the machine turns upon the other. It is as durable, apparently, as an electric light pole. One of these machines, says Meyers, when perfected may be placed on a vehicle and transform enough electricity to give motive power, be that vehicle a locomotive or an automobile. He declared it can be placed on a building to furnish electric lights or power, and that the only wear will be upon the machinery which its current runs.
Meyers is 34 years old and he gained his knowledge of electricity by working in shops along the Pacific Coast. The depths of the mysteries of electricity he has not explored, but he is certain that he has found the means of absorbing it from the air and of converting it to the use of mankind.

British (GB) Patent # 191301098

FrozenWaterLab

Are you planning  on trying to make  one of these?

I looked into it  years ago.

In my opinion  in general it is  a modified Tesla radiant energy receiver.
Teslas was much simpler.
I believe  that with his version  Tesla was using the ionosphere as one  plate of a capacitor and the top plate of his receiver as the other.
His receiver worked 24 hrs a day but  better in the daytime.......consistent with the ionosphere above the receiver  receiving  energy from the sun.
Other things from the Tesla patent that support the ion capacitor  theory..... Tesla said  the larger the plates the better....and the higher  the  plates the better.

If  you look  at what Meyers added to the basic Tesla radiant reciever  you will see that it looks  alot like  a gray tube.
Meyer used tubes with mercury in them ......if some of this mercury was ionized by  the electricity  it would make  a lower  voltage discharge tube.......but it would still create disruptive discharges .
Both the grey tube and the Meyer collector  use a sparkgap in the tube.....Meyer  used a coil of wire around the tube as to collect the charge........Grey used large plates  with holes in them.

The magnetic  part of the Meyer system looks to me to be very similar to the Sweets VTA.
Sweets said the magnets  had to be conditioned .......he used large  pulses from a capacitor bank.
If I am right  this  conditioning  was actually destroying the magnet in  a very specific way...... the idea  is to make a  large but week  magnetic field that can   be modulated by a small input  coil......if the magnets are just a little to strong ......no vibration.......no generator effect.

My big  problem  with the Meyer  receiver   is with lightning.
If I remember right  the  unit he wanted to build to power the whole  prison  was  to be placed on top of a 400 ft tower...... that makes a very good lightning rod......
I do remember Meyer designed some  very nice electromagnetic  controls so that lightning would  be passed to ground.... but I don't  think I could trust  my life  to building  those circuits perfectly.......

gary

Edit

in your diagram the  zinc is very small.
That makes it hard to see how it is similar to the Tesla Radiant reciever.
I believe in the patant  the zinc is  in fairly  large plates