Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I tried to rebiuld a Don Smith Device

Started by GM, September 25, 2005, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS-NRG

Quote from: sm0ky2 on July 11, 2010, 09:55:54 AM
this is complete and utter nonsense. Tesla was easily able to maintain discrete frequencies, with crude and simple feedback circuitry - using (yes) spark gaps.

It is the ability to charge and discharge the storage medium that can create a consistent frequency using this type of system.
The reason such complex control circuitry is used today, is because we inherently utilize storage medium with a higher charge-potential than the discharge gap. This results in inconsistent charge-rates and can lead to retarted or premature discharge patterns.

This is not "always" the case. With some mediums, there can be a consistent charge rate and subsequent discharge - even with the charge potential being higher than the potential between the spark gap. and in such an instance, the only thing required to have complete control over the frequency is an adjustment of the gap potential.( distance and impedance)

There are several other factors that contribute to inconsistent frequencies - for instance wether or not the spark gap is exposed to open air (and wether or not this air is moving), the distance of the charging current path (shorter distances can result in greater inconsistencies), the physicalities of the electrodes can affect the particular discharge-path which can also lead to fluxuations in frequency.

If you understand the mechanism of the charge/discharge, the frequency can be discrete, without the use of 21st century technology. Frequency-dependent experiments were being conducted as early as the end of the 1800's, using spark gaps.

Nonsense back at you.
Show me one spark gap that measures a perfect 60Hz on the frequency counter.

You will fail.
Because the composition of air varies one spark to another, this alone makes it impossible to have no frequency drift.

Any body working with spark gaps know that air composition and humidity play major roles in frequency stabillity.

I could go into some in depth discussion about this subject but it is not worth my time.

Dr Bob

I have all the parts, but no place to assemble it yet. High voltages don't bother me. I use to test parts at 570,000 volts A/C at 1.25 amps. Been "Zapped" more than once by A+ and DC at 150,000 volts. You don't do it twice.
Please all, be safe and keep one hand in your pocket. Wear voltage gloves.
Use long Fiberglass poles and test leads.

Dr. BOB.

sigis

Quote from: Dr Bob on April 23, 2010, 04:11:26 PM
Folks:
       I worked at a place that built parts that ran on 570 kv ac and had to last 120 years for special government projects. The problem is that things keep changing. Take the Monster speaker wire that Don Smith was using. They don't make it any more with 538 copper wires in the cable. I now have a plasma ball, the only place to get one is "Target" stores. I'm using 4 gauge welding wire because it has 538 wire strands. I can get Capacitors that take 100 kv and in almost any Microfarad i need. I have tracked 20 kv 600 amp diodes and am building a workshop to do the research work. I will build a wire winder for prototypes. I have tracked down a wire supplier for all kinds of transformer wire. I have a supplier for Neon Sign transformers that are 60 kv at 60 milliamps. All of this has taken 2 years. I am funding this from my own pocket, as all the gov't funding went to "Exxon". I'll update when all is together. If this works or not, i must try to find out. No reason not to.

Dr Bob
Hello Bob,
I try to replicate Don device already year. Still not success.
May I ask what type of diodes 60KV at 60ma you are using?
Regards,
Sigitas.

Dr Bob

The Diodes are from standard 188,000 volt transmission line equipment.
The 100,000 volt capacitors are from "High Energy Corp" that I use to work for.
I have see the designs, tested them, blown up a few defective ones and repaired some as well. The spark gap should be adjusted or selected from off the shelf product to "Limit" top voltage. This what Don Smith was trying to do so his 8,000 volt caps wouldn't fail at possible 10,000 volt levels. If you use 50,000 volt caps with a 40,000 volt Neon Sign power supply all will be OK.

Dr. BOB

baroutologos

Nonsense back at you.
Show me one spark gap that measures a perfect 60Hz on the frequency counter.

You will fail.
Because the composition of air varies one spark to another, this alone makes it impossible to have no frequency drift.

Any body working with spark gaps know that air composition and humidity play major roles in frequency stabillity.

I could go into some in depth discussion about this subject but it is not worth my time.

I rarely intervene in such threads, but the point here developed is valid enough. You cannot have "smooth" resonance with traditional spark-gaps.
Tesla striving into this direction developed wheels that were rotated by synchronous motors of fixed speed and were making the spark (or L1C1 ringing) at completely defined time intervals.

Also he has mastered the commutator wheel with brushes that at a fixed speed creates sparking at identical time intervals.

By the way, according my view, with contemporary means, the best and only method for attaining perfect resonance in all aspects is the Kacher device.