Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Induced magnetic field to overcome sticky spots

Started by Onevoice, July 04, 2008, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onevoice

Hi all,

I've been working on a gravity wheel design in another thread, but while working on it, I had an idea that I thought I would share. One of my older projects was a spiral motor. I couldn't get a viable method for overcoming the sticky spot. Looking back, I think the main problem was that my magnets were too strong for the amount of rotational energy that the wheel was abe to produce. It was like using hammer to crack an egg. In my current project, I've done away with magnets attraced to magnets and am working with magnets attracted to a simple ring of ferric material and the wheel run by gravity. The idea being that while attracted to the magnets, there is little or no resistance to horizontal movement.

While playing around with this, and noticing that portions of the ring are subject to an induced magnetic field. Kind of a Wesley Gray effect, I had a random thought. This could be used as a basis for a spiral motor design. The push to get over the sticky spot could be done by inducing an opposite charge just at or before hitting the point of lowest energy in the spiral. If multiple rotor magnets are used, would it be enough to push a sheld out of the way, exposing the stator to a field just strong enough to cancel or reverse the induced field created by the rotor magnet that's sitting at that point? Would the sum of the torque from all of the rest of the rotor magnets be enough to move the shield & push the single lowest one over the edge? Does anyone know of an inventor that has tried something like this? Does this deserve further research?
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk

Onevoice

Here's the basic idea for the stator. Its a simple spiral of iron. The rotor can be made of a number of magnets,radially aligned on the rotor. Ideally, I only need to neutralize or reverse the field within a small area of the inside end of the spiral in order for the remaining magnets to push a single magnet over the edge My first inclination is to try a mechanical approach. I've spent this weekend dismantling quite a pile of junk to get an assortment of sheet metal, springs, shafts and bearings, so I have a good supply of machined parts to work with.

Please give feedback. Fully baked or still raw?
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk

gyulasun

Hi,

I would suggest Helmut Goebkes's experiments to compensate similar sticky point you seem to defeat, see this link' attachments: http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,828.msg8155.html#msg8155

Another approach is to use electromagnet exactly at the sticky point, member Honk in this forum has been working on such attempt (it is worth reading his full thread too): http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,3456.msg74331.html#msg74331

Finally see attached P. Kostal's approach also with electromagnet from Stefan earlier (2003) yahoo free-energy group.

rgds,  Gyula

Onevoice

@Gyulason,

Wow, thanks for the input. I didn't know about Goebkes. I'm surprised that he hasn't been able to tune the system so that his magnets stay below the hysteresis curve. I also saw Honks postings a while back. Sounds like he's getting promising results. I remember reading Spraig's posts here when I first joined. At the time, it seemed like a great initial idea but I didn't put much faith in his approaches to solve the sticky spot problem.

I've also seen a couple others like them too. As far as I know though, no one is taking the same approach that I am except maybe Goebkes. I don't put much faith in an electromagnetic solution. My thinking is that if you take part of the rotational energy, convert it electricity and then convert it back to an electromagnetic force, some amount of energy is lost at each conversion and ultimately, the only energy gained is equal to the torque minus the sum of the electromagnet(s) and all losses (which is quite a bit of loss).

What I want to do is to use a permanent magnet to overcome the sticky spot and only subtract that energy needed to cause a transition. I guess this is kind of like Honk's motor but with shielding instead of a coil. I want to eliminate any loss due to conversion by using a strictly mechanical approach and keeping it simple-stupid. By following this approach, I can also take advantage of other mechanical setups using springs, gravity and yes even other small magnets to minimize the torque needed to change states at the sticky point.

greendoor

The whole idea of "sticky spots" needs to be debunked.  IF you have a wheel of any sort that develops useful power, but has a "sticky spot" - then surely the perfect solution would be to stagger two or three or more of these wheels, so that the sticky spot would always be covered by the power-producing spots of the other wheels ...

But we all know that this doesn't work - because each wheel is a non-runner on there own.  So multiple non-runner wheels add up to one big non-runner wheel.

You never have a "sticky spot" - you just have a non-runner wheel.  Admit it - and then move on.