Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Infinity Coil

Started by z.monkey, July 11, 2008, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forest

Let's talk about AC motors.I need help to understand them, so please bear with me.Assume that I have a motor with two separate circuits, each of them is consisted of 4 coils. That two circuits are pulsed sequentially.
Inside motor then is a rotor with 4 electromagnets or neo magnets.Is that a 2 phase AC motor ?

Do circuits here produce rotating magnetic field ?
What would happen if I replace a rotor with a coil ? What I could measure on coil ?

forest

Quote from: Chef on January 08, 2009, 04:48:06 AM
I don't understand clearly your example. Could you please describe how do you think those separate circuits connected?

Conventional two phase AC motor, is constructed by two separate windings 90degree out of phase to each other, one drive by constant AC , other by variable voltage AC for control.
(...)

I'm curious about it.What does '90 degree out of phase' mean ? Does it mean that  in one circuit current is maximum when in  other is minimum ? Do you have a simulation of such two phase AC motor magnetic fields ? Can you post a link to schematic of such motor ?

forest

Quote from: Chef on January 08, 2009, 11:53:32 AM
Exactly, if  the phase difference is 90degree, the current in on coil will be on the minimum, when the other is at maximum. The phase difference simple mean, difference in magnetic vector position. If we talk about 90 degree, that mean one coil will be parallel with magnetic field lines,at the same moment other will be at 90degree. As you can see, in the Tesla picture, in my previous post, where at fig1 B and B' coils are exactly 90 degree to each other.
You can find here info about poly phase motors, phase difference, etc: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_13/7.html

I guess this picture is missing point c'  :D Anyway , I'm starting to grasp the situation here. Is that picture about one phase AC motor , because of one difference in phase or I guessed wrongly ?

forest

Sorry Chef, my mistake I didn't understood when motor is 2 phases AC.Now I see that it depends on count of pairs of circuits or count of AC signals powering motor.

Now I understand it better yet my knowledge is very limited of course.
I have a question about rotor , because it seems strange for me. I comprehended I hope , that there is induced large current in rotor closed circuit by similar manner as in Faraday homopolar dynamo. That current I was told generate opposing magnetic rotating field which synchronize and propel rotor against stator.

Do I correctly understood the principle of brushless AC motor ?

Please bear with me , maybe I will have something to share also but first I must understand completly why and was something really here which was overlooked.Is it possible we are looking for something which is here for more then 120 years and require only slight modification of modern day common device ??? ???

nueview

forest
i can easily understand your confusion about phase and cycles so let me see if i can help here some to clear up the misconseption about the two.
a cycle is one rotation of electrical energy a single circle drawn along a line it appears to be a wave form and the number of times it rises and falls in one second gives frequency.
phase on the other hand has to do with the number of cycles produced per one rotation ( however speed of the generater can be reduced by generating multiple cycles per rotation this is usually determined by the number of magnetic poles on the rotor) and can become quite confusing because of how motors are wound so let me try to explain.
draw a circle and a verticle line in it for the rotor put an arrow at one end of it now divide your circle in half and as you would rotate your arrow clockwise everycoil or strand of wire you cross in that half of the circle will rise and fall in a positive direction while the other half is going negative. this would be one cycle per revolution. having a single phase.
if you divide the circle into four parts and have two magnets you would get two cycles per revolution and still be single phase.but this can be made to be untrue by changing wire wind direction and yes you could develope two phase power out as having a positive and negative going wave at the same time .
if you divide your circle into three parts and your magnet is rotated you will derive what is called three phase power if you just asume every thing to the right of your arrow is rising and everything to the left is falling .
hope this helps as it really is as clear as mud when looking at some motor windings as they can get pretty exotic and bazarre at times.