Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Neutral Breaking & Idling experiment gave me nearly +2 MPG in city...

Started by PwrDream, July 21, 2008, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrDream

(I got the idea to try this after reading some articles on "Hyper-Mile" driving... I do not recommend doing this for safety reasons)

I've conducted 2 experiments with my 2000 Honda Accord 4cyl, and both experiments were quite impressive....

The baseline MPG i currently get on my 2000 Honda Accord with regular, in-city driving is 21.5 mpg...

I've tried experiments with acetone and HHO, but my experiment with neutral breaking and idling is currently my biggest success....

I average 30 miles a day in-city driving... with a great deal of start-stop driving with traffic lights (about 15 traffic lights on my daily route).  I decided, for my experiment, to completely run my tank from full to nearly empty at least twice while using neutral at every opportunity while driving (whenever I break/coast coming toward a traffic stop, or while at a complete stop at a traffic light).

For the past two tank fulls, I've been able to calculate (divide the number of miles traveled by the amount of gallons of fuel needed to "top-off" my tank after running it to nearly empty), and in both instances I've had a net gain of +2 MPG while doing this...

Here are my statistics:

My current average fill-up with normal driving is:

320 miles on 14.875 gallons - approx 21.51 mpg

My 2 experimental fill-up's have provided the following results:

327 miles on 13.900 gallons - approx 23.53 mpg
317 miles on 13.500 gallons - approx 23.48 mpg

current average between my first two results: 23.505 mpg.... a net gain of 1.995 mpg

I'm going to conduct a few more experiments..... and research the neutral shifting capabilities of my 2000 Honda Accord to see if it is mechanically or electronically controlled.... If it's electronically controlled I hope to successfully find a way to tie in breaking to automatically shifting into neutral... helping me be even more consistant with doing this each time....

Again, manually shifting to neutral while rolling or at a stop may be dangerous to drivers who are not use to doing this and are forgetful .... and could possibly lead to an automotive accident if a quick response to changing driving conditions occurs (i.e. - needing to apply gas quickly to avoid an accident, but forgetting you still have the car in neutral)...

please attempt this at your own risk.

PwrDream