Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OVERUNITY.COM LOGO CONTEST!

Started by winner, August 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winner

All,

Webmaster Stefan Hartmann has given permission to begin a thread for an OverUnity.com logo contest!

I suggested this to Stefan and he agreed we could do this. Stefan is currently on vacation so he may not have time to spell out details. Still, for anyone with interest, why not start working on a logo design?

My vision for this was an eye-catching logo for the website header and a small 16x16 icon for web browser use ("favicon" or similar). Perhaps Stefan would agree to expanding the logo concept to include a design for the entire header.

I am willing to help coordinate some of this effort, as needed, however I will be on vacation next week as well with limited Internet access.

Everyone, it would be great to see your imaginative designs! While creating, please keep in mind the basics for good web graphics, as best you can: logo dimensions, browser compatibility, impact, simplicity, etc. And of course, we are looking for original ideas; no plagiarism!

I'll look to Stefan to provide any details and a deadline for this contest when he can, and as I stated, will assist with the contest if needed.

Stay tuned... Thanks Stefan!

Cure diseases with grid computing power! Join World Community Grid!

Click logo for worldcommunitygrid.org

exxcomm0n

This seems fun!

Here's my "off the cuff" submission.......

It was a nice 1/2 hr.

;D

Errrr...that last one was supposed to have a transparent background.

Duuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

wattsup

Good idea.

Here are some general guidelines for a logo design.

1) It should be compact.
2) It should be visible in large or very small format.
3) Not more then three colors.
4) It should look good with light or dark background.
5) It should be easy to have embroidered or printed on hats, caps, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc.
6) It should convey the serious quest for free energy.
7) If there are white areas inside the logo, these should be marked as transparent unless the logo has a border.
8) If using standard text styles, you should identify the text style when you post your submission.

Don't draw an oil drilling rig with a big X on it. lol

Yucca

Well, here's my first attempt, I'm not entirely happy with it, I will probably evolve it some more when I get time. The favicon could be just the OU part reduced down.

Yucca

A little airbrush work, maybe to raz-a-ma-taz :P