Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Recommended reading for alternative energy concepts

Started by exxcomm0n, August 13, 2008, 10:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exxcomm0n

I was thinking what an educational experience it's been to see the ideas, documentations, and (especially) links to other pages or books in the posts here.

I'm sure others feel the same, but also wish they hadn't had to dig so hard for it.

I'd like to propose that there be sticky topic in forums of links to or recommendations for books on the subject of the forum or the work of pioneers in the field for newbies (like me) to read and study so terminology and naming conventions don't have to be explained and (satirically) newbies could be told to RTFM (Read The F***ing Manual).

Seriously though, links to sites with extensive information on esoteric principles or inventors, comprehensive books or other areas of study about disciplines or inventors, suggested areas of study for effect interrelationships(the physics of electronics/magnetism, etc.), and other methods of learning to help a newbie get up to speed.

Perhaps 1 forum for all the "help" documentation with a sticky link in each forum to specific documentation and research in that forum?

Just a thought.
Think it would work?
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

ThothTheSecond

That's an awesome idea, like a forward to a book type of thing ? but with a sticky added to each thread or each category ?

exxcomm0n

Quote from: ThothTheSecond on August 14, 2008, 12:06:37 AM
That's an awesome idea, like a forward to a book type of thing ? but with a sticky added to each thread or each category ?

Sort of like a book forward, but with specific pointers to information on basic concepts to meet class requirements for participation (Geeze, sounds like a private school!)

But just some things to give a person a good overview of subjects pertinent to the forum, terminology used therein, the state of proven concepts in that field, history of discovery, etc.

But as to the sticky question, only per forum, and not per thread.

I mean, for the Tesla Technology forum there would be a sticky at the top with the title of "Understanding Tesla Tech" and having that redirect to the help/documentation/newbie area to that particular topic, or sub-topic (Yeesh! That means sub forums! Can you imagine what the electricity section would be like?)

I've seen many a time someone more hip to (understanding of) a subject lay out suggested reading for a newbie asking a stupid question that they don't yet know is stupid, but it's throughout the site and sometimes buried in a topic long since dead.

People here are nice and try to be helpful, but I can see it getting pretty wearing on some who keep getting asked the same questions and therefore stop trying to help someone because it's just too much damn work every time and it happens too often.

I think they'd rather just post "I really think you need to go HERE<link to applicable help topic> and then come back and see if you still want to ask that question.", and if that's already a sticky at (near) the forum top some might take it upon themselves to read some of it, rather than just diving into a thread topic.

I think it'd save a lot of time for everyone. ;)
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

X00013

I Totally agree with you. I personally would like to see a "how things work" video library, in topic order, posted by members, and OK'd by Stefan as relevant before postings happen. 

X00013