Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Towards Realizing the TPU

Started by poynt99, September 03, 2008, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Room3327

Giant,
      You have a very impressive amount of knowledge and ability and I bow to that.  My thought on this though is that Tesla did not have the knowledge that you have had to draw upon i.e. modern day electrical engineering.  It would have been quite hard for Tesla to do the things you have done.  Just getting his hands on a signal generator much less a multichannel multiphase one would have sent him over the edge of happiness.  I believe it is concensus here that Steve Marks was duplicating Tesla's patent and considering his TPU looks exactly like the drawings in Tesla's patent it makes sense.  Now SM had access to much of our modern day electronics knowledge that Tesla did not.  Tesla used a rotary device to provide the drive to his 'System of electrical distribution'  that he called an exciter.  This device puts out 2 AC sine wave signals 90 degrees out of phase.  SM did not have to use this device in his time as the electronics to do the same thing existed by then and the audio world was a good place to find them.  I am only suggesting that maybe we should take a simpler look at how SM's TPU was built.  If the only stumbling block to what I am saying is that a static mag field in the core of an inductor will not induce a voltage but everything else is good we could just be missing 1 thing maybe that is not in the patent.
    Now I am going to suggest something and I may be wrong, but here goes. In an Inductor moving a magnet from one end of the core to the other will not induce a voltage as regardless of the movement the field is static in the core, it is not moving in and out against the coil wires to generate any voltage.   But in Tesla's patent he has broken the output up into 4 separate outputs.  Now if we apply a rotating magnetic field that has 2 rotating points of high magnetic intensity, as he has done, on opposite sides, these 2 points of hi. intens. now enter and leave the output coils completely, briefly delivering a pulse of power that would show itself as a pulse on top of any transformer action occurring, and very possibly the very kicks that SM talked about.  What about 3 output coils being used? I would have to assume that SM used 1 of the four output coils to feed back for operating it and the other 3 for output.  I may be way off base but at least it is another way of looking at this.  I never noticed SM having to shield his devices and he readily touched and picked them up. Just seems very different to me then what you are doing.

sparks

If you have a generator and your prime mover goes way fast you increase the ouput of the generator and decrease the torque required to produce the same amount of ouput.  Now at some point your rotating magnetic field producer is gonna blow apart.  So the good ole boys said we can just increase the exciter flux and keep that rpm down and boost up that old torque requirement and sell us some coal.  I don't think this was Tesla's idea of efficiency.  How fast can a rotating magnetic field go before it blows apart?

@GK

Do you have the patent #for the one Tesla refers to his torroidal generator as "having an infinite # of commutator segments".  Preciate it if you can post it.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

Room3327

Sparks,
      I don't think GK is on line.  The patent # would be 381970.

sparks

Thanks room 332

There was a patent after 381970 where there is no armature at all.  Tesla's and Steven Marks device are the only ones I have ever seen that used windings like that.  Alternators and electric motors all use their coils facing the rotor. I believe that this was done simply because that is the way dc motors were made.   I use to test ac motor stators for lamination integrity.  We would take a loop and wind it like the 381970 was wound.  Then we would hit it with highfrequency and monitor the waveform on an oscilliscope.  Any eddy currents where the laminations had shorted would show up on the scope as the magnetic field advanced around the stator not out through the airgap like nowadays induction motors.  The only motor that utilizes the bfield of a solenoid is a shaded pole motor.  This was produced because they are real easy to manufacture and wind.  The magnetism does advance through the core but again the rotor only sees a very slow magnetic field flux shift that is resisted by the air gap.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

Room3327

Sparks,
      There are 2 patents after this that show the same kind of device and winding #382282 and #390721.  # 382282 shows the same kind of device with a rotor at the center, that may be what you are referring to.  Sounds like it was a fun job.