Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Sterling W Jones Patent

Started by Staffman, September 04, 2008, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staffman

Hello Everyone!!!

I was looking for Bessler information and did a search for off axis type gravity wheels and found a Patent sited by osti.gov. I found the patent and am not quite sure if this is an Overunity device. The wording doesn't seem to specify and input power except just mentioning weights and gravity.

Here is the URL to the patent on USPTO and the abstract below.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=4333548.PN.&OS=PN/4333548&RS=PN/4333548

Weight driven rotary power generating apparatus
US Patent: 4,333,548

Here is the Abstract:

The present invention entails a weight driven rotary power generating apparatus that is designed to efficiently provide energy that can be harnessed and effectively utilized. Forming the weight driven rotary power generating apparatus of the present invention is a heavy flywheel rotatively mounted within a frame structure and including a plurality of radially extending and circumferentially spaced projectors or drive panels that extends from the flywheel. Peripherally disposed about said flywheel is a closed, off-axis weight track that includes a plurality of weights movable therein. Because of the off-axis orientation with respect to the flywheel, the track is oriented such that as the weights fall due to gravity through a falling run of said track, they engage said projectors projecting from said flywheel and act to drive said flywheel. Once past the falling run, the power generating apparatus is provided with a chain weight transfer assembly that engages the weights as they enter a return run of said track and act to transfer said weights to an elevated position where they may be held and selectively released in accordance with the RPM of said flywheel. Once released, the respective weights again move through the falling run and act to drive the flywheel as just described.

---------------

Can anyone here do a quick review (follow the energy flow, etc.) to see if this is a viable overunity device? I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

AB Hammer

Greetings Staffman

And welcome to the forum. Your find is very interesting. I can see some of its problems with it's design, and there is a chance that it never was built by the owner of the patent. Back then you could patent your ideas and a working model was not needed. When you look at some of these designs from the past and you ask yourself. How many times has this been tried due to how many people in history quested for a working PM device. Then you ask. What are the chances that it never was tried. I wish I had the time and the money to build a sample of every wheel that has been built historically or  patented for a museum.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

Staffman

I think what drove my interest in this particular patent is that it was mentioned on OSTI.gov. I'm not aware of the DOE listing bad devices on this site. Maybe I'm not understanding the claims of the patent as well as I thought.

pese

Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...

AB Hammer

OOPS!

I looked at the wrong one. I looked at 33139 which has an image of one from 1861.
Thanks Gustav!  when someone skims over things, you sometimes make a wrong turn.

Now I can give an answer on the correct one. I see allot of friction using a belt device to push out the wheel, not to mention it is running on 2 different rotation devices which will distribute the weight. IMO  But it is very interesting the approach.

With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan