Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Energy from gravitation

Started by Gravitator, September 05, 2008, 01:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

The mistake in your thinking is that, in your illustrated design, you are not using a light weight to raise a heavy weight. You are using a heavy weight to raise a light weight, and yes, the system will 'hang' as you put it, at the position where the center of mass of all the weights together is directly under the axle.
A further mistake is thinking that you can get any energy out of such a system. You can't, because gravity is a conservative force. This means that the Potential Energy of a weight is only dependent on its height, not the path it took to get there. The work available from a weight falling from a certain height, is the same as the work it takes to get it up to that height. Regardless of the path taken. Your device complicates things a little because it has varying weights at varying moment arms, but the result is the same. You get out, what you put in.
Sorry.

Gravitator

What I mean with using light weight to lift up heavy weight is described in attach picture. In my understanding in x time all the liquid (e.g. water) have been moved up from B to A. In other words: 100 kg pressure + 100 kg negative pressure moved 10 000 liters (10 000 kg) water. In this the light weight is 100 kg and the heavy weight is 10 000 kg (water).

TinselKoala

Of course, as you have drawn it, it will rotate in the other direction as long as the bottom tank is fuller than the top tank. And regardless of this, there is an equilibrium position where both weights push down equally on tanks that are equally full, with the total center of mass either at or below the axle. So the unit will "hang" at that point. This will likely be at the point where the 1-meter connecting tube is close to horizontal. Since you will have another set of tanks and weights mounted at 90 degrees, this will affect the hang point--the backwards thrust from one set of tanks will offset the forwards thrust from the other set, and the device will hang with the connecting tubes at close to 45-225 and 135-315 degrees. Put more sets on, the system still hangs at an equilibrium point.

You can't get over the fact that gravity is conservative. Clever geometries and intricate mechanisms won't help. The only way around this is to either change mass irreversibly (in which case you either run out or fill up, and stop) , or to add energy from outside the gravitating system.

broli

TK is right on this one but ignore his other preach about conservative fields. He seems to have forgotten where he is  ::).

Gravitator

My problem seems to be that I'll talk about one part of the system at the time. Maybe this image will help to understand what Im looking after.
The liquid flow will be blocked immediatly after the liquid have been moved from bottom tank to top.

br,
Gravitator