Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Flywheels as energy storage system!

Started by Reformator, September 23, 2008, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdsanders

Hello  Reformator!

You're absolutely right, of course. You might want to check out the following company:

www.beaconpower.com   ;D

z.monkey

Howdy Reformator,

My you are busy.  So many topics in the one day you have been here.  I guess you have a lot to share with the world.  The flywheel energy storage device is not a new topic.  Here's something for you to check out...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,4135.0.html

Blessed Be...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

pequaide

Engage your spinning flywheel with a second flywheel that is of equal mass and dimension; and is at rest. You will find that their rotational velocity will be halved.

If you do the math you will find that the total kinetic energy is also half.

If one flywheel has a rim mass of 40 kilograms and a velocity of 2 m/sec, its kinetic energy is 80 joules (1/2*40*2*2). The kinetic energy of both (80kg) moving a 1 m/sec is 40 joules.

So you see flywheels do not store energy they store momentum; Linear Newtonian momentum, no less.

infringer

Wouldnt it actually be less because the intial engaugement causes a huge loss do to friction not to mention the process of engauging takes an amount of energy as well.

I think it would be safe to say once fully engauged you have less the half of what you originally started with.

-infringer-
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-