Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Isn't free communication as important as free energy?

Started by exxcomm0n, October 07, 2008, 12:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

wow, you guys have thrown a lot of information back n forth. I will need to read this thread and all the links a few times. And, I may do that because it is interesting and very important.

I came by today to give a link to the "xo" laptop computer that was designed for global rural children. I cannot help with much more than a link. You guys are the ones who will be able to understand.

the xo has the ability to use the global internet when the local school server is on.

But in addition, and this is what I am here to mention,these little laptops are also able to make a "mesh" network among themselves. They can internet with each other any time they want to. the only thing needed is for 2 xo's to be on.

I think this has to do with the LINUX OS. This one uses the FEDORA kernel.

Linux open source software is at the root of all internet servers.

So, it seems to me that this little gem could be a very good place to start this self empowered internet grid.

Wow, I am so in favor of that!

Thank you all,

jeanna

BTW they call the local thing a "mesh"

http://olpc.com/

exxcomm0n

Hi Jeanna,

This would be a technology that would further the XO project greatly as the "mesh" networking you describe is probably an "ad hoc" network between the laptops that allows for them to network with each other.

The downside of ad hoc networks is range since the wireless network card is acting as both the transmitter and receiver and is using very little power to do so (to keep from causing interference?).

The XO is available with either Fedora (Redhat derivative) or Ubuntu (Debian derivative) linux distributions.
You're right about Linux being a backbone of the internet as sites like OU are built on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) platform.

@ all

Right now I'm just going to start with the antenna side of things (sorry I've been out of the loop for so long. The holidays got in the way.) and seeing just how far it can transmit a signal.

On YouTube there is a member by the handle of crob227 that is experimenting with wireless energy transmission who I've invited to take a look at the thread since it's pretty much the same goal. Take a look at his wireless energy transfer series on the Tube if you get a chance.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

FreeEnergy

Quote from: exxcomm0n on December 06, 2008, 02:08:10 PM
Hi Jeanna,

This would be a technology that would further the XO project greatly as the "mesh" networking you describe is probably an "ad hoc" network between the laptops that allows for them to network with each other.

The downside of ad hoc networks is range since the wireless network card is acting as both the transmitter and receiver and is using very little power to do so (to keep from causing interference?).

The XO is available with either Fedora (Redhat derivative) or Ubuntu (Debian derivative) linux distributions.
You're right about Linux being a backbone of the internet as sites like OU are built on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) platform.

@ all

Right now I'm just going to start with the antenna side of things (sorry I've been out of the loop for so long. The holidays got in the way.) and seeing just how far it can transmit a signal.

On YouTube there is a member by the handle of crob227 that is experimenting with wireless energy transmission who I've invited to take a look at the thread since it's pretty much the same goal. Take a look at his wireless energy transfer series on the Tube if you get a chance.

http://www.rexresearch.com/beyond/beyond.htm

infringer

No indeed it is not free communication is possible already just not legally possible.

Now ask yourself this what if free electricity was possible it would of course be legal at current state.

Then we could easily setup networks all over using legal technology such as ground wave hell walkie talkies even... and it would be no cost out of pocket... We could easily skip miles of non supporters with dishes and bushes baked bean cans... Using legal technologies and concentrating them...

We could have humongous data centers with no power costing supreme simulations could be run constantly at the price of hardware only...

be back to comment later g2g

REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

infringer

@ menthos

your compression could go quite a bit further ... Even with modern day computers ... Without having to pool anything...

Your idea reminds me of the OFF network which was a underground network that retrieved lines of data from different files to finally build the resulting file so while someone may be downloading a hunk of the Bible from you they are actually retrieving a portion of there favorite album which is in the legal gray area...

But a simple way your data could be compressed further is taking lets say 16 bytes at a time once compressed and if they are even split them in half and leave marker or signature and if it can be split in half once again  ... but I would think taking the biggest integer that current processors can handle and splitting that in half and leaving a signature FF00xx  where xx is the crc of the hex bytes until the next signature...

So if the crc = xx then mltiply intager by 2 to decompress... Now there is a possibility that the crc and signature may show up in random data but... Not likely... if you wanted you could instead have a 4 byte crc where your cylically redundancy check is added to the equation and then crc'd again for integrity and that should solve false reports not that it is impossible for data loss but lets say the chances would be very very slim... I'm sure there are better ways but this is one example and you could take this a lot further as well...

It would solve a great deal for folks that need to use compression for communications or transmission but yet ain't worried so much about loosing the data as they maintain a copy of the uncompressed data....

My question is this why can you not continuously compress Winrar files? The program must check the file header and say uh uh no no this is a Winrar file or other compressed archive do not further compress this due to possible data loss now if we could design a program that would remove the data in the header  that tells winrar not to compress I think it may be possible to recompress the file several times over...

I am kinda shooting in the dark here a little help Menthos ? Anyone? Either way I know compression is further possible while it will take a bit longer and if I recall pea zip uses a pretty heavy duty compression method while I do not recall the name off the top of my head it takes forever to achive it but the compression I believe is the best compression around.

I guess a good study would be to look at the open source 7zip from http://www.7zip.org.

This is a damn good thread first one I've seen in a long time that sparked that feel good feeling in a while!

-infringer-
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-