Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Microwave catlyzed oxidation of water

Started by sparks, October 07, 2008, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

If a metal electode is placed inside a microwave oven, air inside the microwave resonant cavity is ionized and we get plazma formation and the resultant lighning bolts.  If an atomized spray of water is introduced in the cavity would the microwave energy and plazma formation result in combustion of the water vapor?
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

sparks

Tried it in a microwave oven and yes the water burns.  Didn't inject the mist just put some on a plate and let her boil up into the plazma arc.  The biggest problem is the plazma arc is so energetic that it melts and rounds off the electrode tips.  Once these tips go round the microwave energy stops being concentrated and the plazma goes away.  When she's cooking the flames can detach and burn like in a slow motion wave.  Tough to focus the waves in such a large cavity to get the ionization to happen where you want it.
Think Legacy
Spread the Love

Creativity

Quote from: sparks on October 09, 2008, 09:41:54 AM
     Tried it in a microwave oven and yes the water burns.  Didn't inject the mist just put some on a plate and let her boil up into the plazma arc.  The biggest problem is the plazma arc is so energetic that it melts and rounds off the electrode tips.  Once these tips go round the microwave energy stops being concentrated and the plazma goes away.  When she's cooking the flames can detach and burn like in a slow motion wave.  Tough to focus the waves in such a large cavity to get the ionization to happen where you want it.

and what was the difference without the water? from what u wrote in the first post i deduce that water was not needed to create the plazma..
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

sparks

Without the water there was intense white light coming from either electrode tip.
  When the water was introduced the plazma stream was blue and white extending across the gap (3/4") with a very large yellow and sometimes blue flame rising from the plazma arc and sustaining in the cavity traveling towards the upper part of the oven and sometimes towards a corner.  When out of water the electrodes turned red and no further plazma just redhot electrodes melting.  What I found peculiar was there was no water vapor left when I opened the door.  Some heating of the cabinet and ceramics.
Think Legacy
Spread the Love