Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Three Keys to Changing The World

Started by Nihilanth, October 08, 2008, 02:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Dufresne

@Nihilanth,
I often think of the same three, though for the free energy I think of an energy source such as ZPE, abundant and available anywhere provided we can tap it. Imagine turning hydrogen into lettuce at will. Or perhaps if we can tap ZPE then we can create the matter out of energy and skip the transmutation. And with control of ZPE we may get control of gravity or space and then we're off.

Let's see... one "provided we can", one "if", and one "we may".  :-)
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

Nihilanth

@b0rg13: Even if people create their own local economies, everything can easily be changed back. The only good economy is no economy.

My approach involving the creation of a process of transmutation and object replication (possibly at atomic level) would render all currencies un-backable and unnecessary. If you could put a food item, like a sandwich into the atomic replicator, and it deconstructs is, creating a form of "blueprint" of the sandwich that could be saved as a computer file and shared with others, so long as someone has a replicator and a pile of dirt(transmutation) then they too could have one at no cost. And who's to say one can't replicate another replicator, and just hand them out for free. Once you had one and saw what you could possibly do with it, I doubt you'd ever go to work again to say the least. And if you made at least one other replicator a day and gave them away for free to people asking them to do the same, then I doubt anyone could ever get rid of them all.

I think that this approach is the best possible way to fix the world as it is now. Viral Freedom.
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.

Creativity

and if people started to replicate themselfs? that would be wierd  ;D u couldmake a blueprint of yourself now and replicate it 20 years later but with reprogramed brain blueprint.Sure i woulndn't want anyone to steal my blueprint  >:( ;D
I agree that money system should be finished as fast as possible and all work should be done by the technology,freeing our capacity to foucus on what really matters in life.First step would be to become self sustained in food,energy and communication chanels.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Nihilanth

The beginning versions of the device would probably resemble Reprap or Fab lab. Only once objects can be assembled at an atomic level, and at the same integrity as the original could objects possibly be disassembled to create a usable blueprint. I doubt anyone would survive being ripped apart atom-by-atom. :P But only time would tell.

Although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of use for donor organs.
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.

Steven Dufresne

I recently read a sci-fi book called "A for Anything" by Damon Knight which started out where someone had created just such a replication device and mailed two each to a bunch of people. Each person was mailed two for the reason Nihilanth gave, so they could replicate the replicator. Later in the story they'd figured out how to stop the replication in mid process and store the pattern for later retrieval. They replicated people too. All things you guys have pointed out. But who does the work? The cleaning, the replicating, setting the table (the contents of which would be trashed afterwards), ... In the book, a period of turmoil was gone through ending up in the replicators being controlled by a minority and the rest of the people being slaves. I was saddened by this since near the beginning of the book some were talking about replicating rocket fuel on the fly so that rocket travel to and in space would be a cinch; carry just a little bit of fuel which you repleatedly replicate and shoot into the combustion chamber. Unfortunately the author didn't go that way. So we really need only the replicator! The free energy comes from that. I'm betting we'll be tapping ZPE before we can figure out replicators - though both would come from a better understanding of reality.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson