Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ωmega Machine - My gift to the world.

Started by NightBlade, October 19, 2008, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yucca

Quote from: captainpecan on October 20, 2008, 03:16:08 AM
If someone gets this working, how much life could you really expect to get out of the relays working that hard and fast all the time? Not a negative remark by any means, but is there something that can be done to prolong the lifespan? I'm thinking that even if the relays were rated at 1,000,000 cycles, wouldn't they wear out extremely fast being used in this manor?

My 24V coil relay when configured to self oscillate goes at about 500Hz. So 1 megacycle will take 2000 seconds or just over half an hour! It will probably give more than 1 megacycle though as it´s only switching enough current for it´s own 24V coil and it´s contacts are rated at 125V10A. But still as you say it wouldn´t last long.

Maybe if the units can be built with COP>1 then special relays could be made with cheap contact refill packs or could use replaceable carbon contact brushes?

Yucca.

Yucca

Hi Nightblade,

Do you think it would work also if the DPST switches were replaced with N-channel and P-channel FET pairs? This would make automatic sequencing of the switching easier to implement.

Could you possibly add them to your sim and see if it still rises.

Yucca.

NightBlade

The relays could possibly be replaced with coils and FETs. As long as its self switching the back emf spikes can be collected. Im not really concerned about the DPST switches as they are closed for all but the inital startup. I doubt a knife switch would wear out even under very high voltage use. I will attempt to replace the relays with half a transformer and a FET and see what happens.

Yucca

OK, I didn't realise that the DPST switches were only manipulated at startup, I should've read more slowly.

I have done some initial testing with a relay (SPDT 24V coil 125V10A contacts) and two caps (470uF 200V) I used a bridge to catch the BEMF in the second cap as the relay oscillates off the first. I was suprised to be able to do quite a few swaps of the caps and keep ~80% of the energy each swap even though I was repeating the sequence loosely by hand.

I think I will have a go at making your circuit, I have lower voltage caps and higher voltage coils but it'll at least buzz for a bit if nothing else.

Yucca.

hartiberlin

Quote from: NightBlade on October 20, 2008, 11:06:32 AM
The relays could possibly be replaced with coils and FETs. As long as its self switching the back emf spikes can be collected. Im not really concerned about the DPST switches as they are closed for all but the inital startup. I doubt a knife switch would wear out even under very high voltage use. I will attempt to replace the relays with half a transformer and a FET and see what happens.

Would probably not work,
as you need the sparking to get additional energy into the circuit so to have a selfrunner.

The same applies to the Newman motors.

With just electronic transistor or MOSFET commutation you will not get the recharge effect of the batteries.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum