Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Could cow hearts power the world?

Started by brian334, October 28, 2008, 04:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Tesla

Quote from: brian334 on November 19, 2008, 04:01:07 PM
A heart is probably the most efficient way on earth to turn one from of energy into another.
So why not take all the hearts from all the dead cows in America and use them to pump a liquid to power a generator?
I admit there is a certain yuk factor, but after you get past the yuk factor it might not be a bad idea.

The solution to our energy problem will come from lots of different things.
How much energy will your rodent use to move its own weight?
A cow heart powered generator would not make any noise or pollution
No noise, no pollution, runs on hay, probably the most efficient way on earth to convert one form of energy to another - sounds good to me.

And it works all the time, unlike solar or wind power.

This thread is funny, yet sick!

ResinRat2

I have to admit it was hard to hold back on this one. Just for a laugh I thought I would throw in my two cents on this creepy subject. Don't forget that you would need a stomach to process the hay into energy producing nutrients that the heart can use. Also, the heart would need a rich blood supply to keep it working, probably immersed in plasmatic liquid to keep it moist and protected. It must be remembered that it is designed to work within an organic body. (This is getting weirder by the word). In order to process the hay you would need several stomachs that the cow uses, also, you might want to have the hay chewed up somehow. Instead of a machine you might want teeth and siliva to help digest and process the hay. Maybe a cow jaw and mouth to do the job.

Let's get even creepier. The idea of rows of beating hearts pumping blood through a generator seems strange, single stomachs and jaws, disembodied lungs to provide the oxygen to the blood/plasma liquid. This is getting very, very, morbid. You would need a diaphram to keep the lungs working, this would need to be hooked up as well.

I don't know if I could go on much further, too SciFi scary.

Maybe you would just want to tap into a living cow and have an external generator/pump on the outside of its body.

Wow, I can't believe I wrote this. I guess it has been a long day here at work. Time for me to leave now.

...maybe turkey parts...NO! NO! I won't go there.  LOL!

I will never look at my steak the same way again...
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

PYRODIN123321

:D  LOL
this is gettin a Little matrixy but i gotta admit there might be something here.

Considering the current genetic capabilities you could make brain dead cows, just a cerebellum to keep the idle, after that its pretty much matrix style, hell why not use genetically engineered braindead people, at least then, when somebody needs some spare parts nobody (with a soul anyway) would have to die to save em and they produce energy- how cool is that!

then there is the whole "is this moral" thing
-no no it isn't moral at all, but that hasn't stopped us so far

hey, that kinda adds a scary edge to the matrix movie
- in reality all those people hooked up into the matrix would be engineered braindead

scary but, well just scary....
Peace.

Bulbz

I can see it now... Somebody goes to a Mcdonalds Drive-Through and orders "A Big Mac meal, and a generator please !"  ;D.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

Bulbz

Quote from: PYRODIN123321 on November 19, 2008, 05:56:04 PM
:D  LOL
this is gettin a Little matrixy but i gotta admit there might be something here.

Considering the current genetic capabilities you could make brain dead cows, just a cerebellum to keep the idle, after that its pretty much matrix style, hell why not use genetically engineered braindead people, at least then, when somebody needs some spare parts nobody (with a soul anyway) would have to die to save em and they produce energy- how cool is that!

then there is the whole "is this moral" thing
-no no it isn't moral at all, but that hasn't stopped us so far

hey, that kinda adds a scary edge to the matrix movie
- in reality all those people hooked up into the matrix would be engineered braindead

scary but, well just scary....

Or you could put zombies in a giant Hamster wheel, and do the "dangle a carrot in front of a Donkey method", but replace the carrot with "BRAAAAINS"  ;D
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.