Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

So is it rocket fuel?

Started by c-cat, November 04, 2008, 10:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c-cat

In my somewhat strange or obscure thought process, Ive seemed to imagine that thru electrolosis hydrogen and oxygen are formed. Further clunking of my noggin lets me believe that if electric power generated around the compressor stage of a low speed turbine (@ 40k rpm) it might be enogh power to create (rocket fuel) to warm up the loud end. I'm researching pressure ratios, fuel consumption, and managable egt's for small genset type turbines. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Magnets are fun until they stick in you.(I was 12)
Lasers unfocused or not can burn.       (13)
Won't microwave laser beam again      (14)
Liquid hydrogen and gas turbines don't mix well (15/16ish)
Have .5Mw generator to play with (current) hyd. gas fueled.

Creativity

compressor stage is using power of the loud end.R u suggesting a use of electrolysis as a part of a starter system?(reduce power to the starter motor and use this difference for electrolysis to obtain high temperature combustion to warm up engine faster.Later to switch to fuel only?).Or ur idea is to use electrolysis in a permanent way? i guess on the long run hydrogen will melt ur blades,because the biggest problem in combustion turbines is the max temp at the power blades. Adding of some hydrogen may rise combustion efficiency due to more complete burn,but i m not very sure about that.U can always do some search in literatrure for use of hydrogen in turbines.I'm pretty sure somebody tested it and published results.Firther turbines have a very intensive flow of gases so electoryser will have to be big enough to handle production needs.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

c-cat

The turbine generator to be used is a genset nat. gas fueled home unit. I would like to modify it to consume hydrogen/oxegen enriched natural gas in a constant lean burn mode. I'm willing to undertake design changes in the hot section to accomodate higher temps by inceasing bypass flow to cool the cumbustion chamber back down to factory temps. The ultimate goal is to use 50% less purchased fuel in the first prototype with a small percentage of output used to (create fuel). On a later proto with some ceramic developement it'll be full on hydrogen self reliant (less a water supply). On the first run hydrogen will be drawn in via the compressor for enrichment, this should relieve some metering engineering. Any suggestions would be great. Remember this is a foundation unit for home power not an in car or transport unit so i'm not oncerned about the size of the hydrogen farm.

c-cat

On first experiment result is turbine overspeed auto-shutdown. Probably due to increased burn rate . also noted apparent flame out popping keeps fuel circut in startup rich mode. Increased power is apparent thru exaust sound, like launching the shuttle in my shop. I'm playing with fuel mapping to compensate, after which I should be able to build egt's long enough to monitor.

Creativity

is it feed by expanded natural gas or liquefied gas injection?
is bypass flow cooling the power turbine also?(the chamber is one side of the coin another are blades of the turbine)I would look around for some thermometer(calibrated termopars or thermocouples may be a good choice) to measure real time temperatures at the chamber and after the power turbine blades(on the exhaust side).Then u can measure nicely just how much u have to modify ur original powerplant.Another useful measurement tool could be lambda meter(oxygen amount in exhaust gases) like in a car.Probably u have one already mounted coupled with fuel system management CPU.Both measurement tools r not very pricey.
BTW can u post the turbine type?maybe we can find some details of its design on the internet and brainstorm from there :)

i bet this overspeed is indeed due to rich operation.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.