Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why seek a God particle - when God doesn't exist?

Started by ScaryTruth, November 17, 2008, 05:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 01, 2008, 02:47:22 PMan eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...

That was common before Christianity, if I remember correctly (not part of the 2nd edition of the book ;-)...  And didn't it actually talk about how Karma works (i.e. describing an automatic reaction to something caused by themselves), and was then twisted in such a way that it a) turns someone into a random victim and b) allows that one to take random action against others even though that one caused it in the first place?

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Trino Cularoid on December 01, 2008, 03:03:04 PM
That was common before Christianity, if I remember correctly (not part of the 2nd edition of the book ;-)...  And didn't it actually talk about how Karma works (i.e. describing an automatic reaction to something caused by themselves), and was then twisted in such a way that it a) turns someone into a random victim and b) allows that one to take random action against others even though that one caused it in the first place?

are you suggesting that exodus is not considered to be divinely inspired?or part of the christian canon? last i checked it wasn't tossed out during the council of laodicea, (you know when all those MEN got together and decided what was divine and what wasn't) like revelations was...
perhaps you should actually read exodus, the slavery verses are really telling ;)

the world's religions in a nutshell, my imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 01, 2008, 03:17:47 PMare you suggesting that exodus is not considered to be divinely inspired?

Bear with me, I'm not a religious person, only a spiritual one... My idea of the bible is:

1st edition: Old Testament
2nd edition: New Testament
3rd edition: Quran

And as with all new editions of books, they correct errors and clarify but may also introduce new errors...
Please don't take me too serious on that one.  ;D

ResinRat2

The anti-Christians are coming out of the woodwork now baby.

From Matthew Chapter 5:
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

What is incredible to me is that answers to every one of your arguments can be found easily by doing simple searches on the net. There are many websites with Christian and Catholic Apologetics that answer all your questions. Why you start a thread that says God doesn't exist, and then you attack any post that shows a belief in a Christian God and rattle off your grievances just shows me that the whole underlying purpose for this thread was an anti-God, and especially an anti-Christian tirade.

From Mark Chapter 6:
“Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them”

This is a perfect example of free will and being allowed to willingly condemn yourselves. You only want answers if they are handed to you effortlessly on a silver platter.

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: ResinRat2 on December 01, 2008, 03:49:06 PM
The anti-Christians are coming out of the woodwork now baby.

From Matthew Chapter 5:
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

What is incredible to me is that answers to every one of your arguments can be found easily by doing simple searches on the net. There are many websites with Christian and Catholic Apologetics that answer all your questions. Why you start a thread that says God doesn't exist, and then you attack any post that shows a belief in a Christian God and rattle off your grievances just shows me that the whole underlying purpose for this thread was an anti-God, and especially an anti-Christian tirade.

From Mark Chapter 6:
“Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them”

This is a perfect example of free will and being allowed to willingly condemn yourselves. You only want answers if they are handed to you effortlessly on a silver platter.

the apologetics are full of shit. try reading dr. bertrand russell's why i am not a christian... http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html
oops there goes all your arguments, first cause, argument from design, natural law argument, moral arguments for deity, argument for the remedy of injustice, defects in christs teachings...

"Having granted the excellence of these maxims, I come to certain points in which I do not believe that one can grant either the superlative wisdom or the superlative goodness of Christ as depicted in the Gospels; and here I may say that one is not concerned with the historical question. Historically it is quite doubtful whether Christ ever existed at all, and if He did we do not know anything about him, so that I am not concerned with the historical question, which is a very difficult one. I am concerned with Christ as He appears in the Gospels, taking the Gospel narrative as it stands, and there one does find some things that do not seem to be very wise. For one thing, he certainly thought that His second coming would occur in clouds of glory before the death of all the people who were living at that time. There are a great many texts that prove that. He says, for instance, "Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come." Then he says, "There are some standing here which shall not taste death till the Son of Man comes into His kingdom"; and there are a lot of places where it is quite clear that He believed that His second coming would happen during the lifetime of many then living. That was the belief of His earlier followers, and it was the basis of a good deal of His moral teaching. When He said, "Take no thought for the morrow," and things of that sort, it was very largely because He thought that the second coming was going to be very soon, and that all ordinary mundane affairs did not count. I have, as a matter of fact, known some Christians who did believe that the second coming was imminent. I knew a parson who frightened his congregation terribly by telling them that the second coming was very imminent indeed, but they were much consoled when they found that he was planting trees in his garden. The early Christians did really believe it, and they did abstain from such things as planting trees in their gardens, because they did accept from Christ the belief that the second coming was imminent. In that respect, clearly He was not so wise as some other people have been, and He was certainly not superlatively wise. "  bertrand russell

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen F Roberts

you should be worshiping zeus, after all he was the inventor of the original spark gap ;)

and let us not forget 1 Kings 21-23, where god colludes with satan and his deceit...

There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe