Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ All:

Sorry I have not been here much.

I just saw this on metacafe: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2368671/sugar_and_sulfuric_acid/

Sulfuric acid and suger produces h2o (steam) and a tower of pure carbon!!!!  This might be a cheap way for me to get larger carbon blocks for the earth battery component for JT circuit experiments in the spring.  I know very little about chemistry but this is cool.  Thought some of you might like to see it.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

gadgetmall

Quote from: Pirate88179 on February 01, 2009, 09:48:31 PM
@ All:

Sorry I have not been here much.

I just saw this on metacafe: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2368671/sugar_and_sulfuric_acid/

Sulfuric acid and suger produces h2o (steam) and a tower of pure carbon!!!!  This might be a cheap way for me to get larger carbon blocks for the earth battery component for JT circuit experiments in the spring.  I know very little about chemistry but this is cool.  Thought some of you might like to see it.

Bill
WOW . good Find . I'll Dump Sugar in those Bad Golf Cart Batteries :) Just Kidding .. Wonder if its Cheaper than carbon Welding Rods ? Hey you know that Copper will peal off and it makes a good solder connection . I got some the other day and they are killer .
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

Pirate88179

@ Gadgetmall:

Thanks.  It looks to be kind of porous but maybe it could be compacted into a good solid rod shape?  Maybe a pvc tube and a broom handle ram?  It should be pretty cheap to make I think.  The only thing about the copper on the welding rods, to me, it adding another metal into the mix.  you may end up getting some electrolysis or deterioration at the point of contact of the dissimilar metals.  I don't know this to be a fact, I was just concerned about it.  Plus, those rods are NOT available in my area as I had looked for a long time.  If I had found some, I would have banded them together and used them.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

xee2

@ anyone interested

some test results - see attached.

jeanna

@xee2
excellent,

500K and 10/40 turns. mmm that is nice and interesting

Have you tried a secondary? 1 or 2 turns might light it up very brightly...  ;)

Very nice.

Thank you,

jeanna