Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetmall

@ All
well what i have done here the last days is experiment with My UNIT PULE GENERATOR that cost me a dollar (for the tube) . This is a great piece of equipment . I can find the resonate frequency from a toroid wound jt . By applying either a negative pulse or a positive pulses or both( AC) i can feed a toroid as little as .30 volts and fire a jt and then adjust the pulses to determine the volts out . quite interesting . Its easy to light a neon up now if you find the resonate frequency  of the circuit . Now all i have to do if figure out how to reproduce that frequency with our jt circuit (crystal controlled) or 555 without adding to current draw .. NOTE : now that i have a circuit that light 4 leds for as little as .81 ma's that leaves 13 mas to play with as all the jt circuits on the net pull minimum 14 ma . We are doing what no one else is doing here folks . keep it up .  ..pretty soon we will have a circuit i saw the other day . commercial lights 10 CFLS . for rural Areas  .. NICE !

This inverter was designed to run up to 10 compact fluorescent lights from a 12V battery bank at a remote location. This was because commercial inverters cause excessive RF interference which prevents shortwave radio listening. Standby pow-er was another issue.
This inverter has a low standby current drain of 40mA, very good regulation and no RF interference since the CFLs are supplied with filtered DC.
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

gadgetmall

Quote from: jeanna on February 07, 2009, 02:58:21 PM
Darn,
You tried to get a joule thief to turn on the peltier device?
Are they all  made specifically for 12 volts?
jeanna
i have 1 tiny one it will get cold on 1 aa battery but it sucks it dry in a few minuets

I will try it when i get some time . Today . its 67 degrees out side and i am in . I am going outside and soak up some sun !!!l8r Maybe play with some solar panels ..
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

jeanna

Quote from: xee2 on February 07, 2009, 03:11:48 PM
@ jenna

The cap and extra turns let your LEDs look as bright as a standard JT but with less battery current so the battery will last longer..
xee2,

I guess I must have made things really unclear. I just re-read the last few posts. Your reiteration reminds me to say this.

I have not seen the lights be as bright when I use the cap and high value resistor. I want it to be that way, but I am not having the same results that you and gadgetmall have with the cap. I will keep trying.

GM says it is the sweet spot. Maybe so.

I was able to get lots of lights -30- on the same amount of amps as 1.  The cap is a good next step for me in my learning, so I will persist.

You referred to the collector coil. I assume you are referring to the bifilar turns, but I would like confirmation, please.

QuoteBut they will not provide unlimited free energy. You will need something else to do that.

corse not. I need my magic wand to do that!

Thanks again,

jeanna

xee2

@ jeanna

Yes I mean turns on collector coil (see my diagrams).

In order to see the difference in current you should increase the base resistor value until only 2 or 3 LEDs in series light. Then measure the battery current and see if you can get the same number of LEDs to light as bright with that battery current using a standard JT. With only a few turns for a secondary you are producing a lot of current at a low voltage. With a lot of turns for a secondary you are producing a high voltage at a low current. With the high voltage you can add LEDs in series and all will be the same brightness but they may not each be as bright as one LED with a small number of turns for secondary with low voltage and a large current. But with a low voltage you can not add many LEDs in series.

Good luck. I am sure you will figure it out. You are a good experimenter.

jeanna

WOW,
I started to make some new tests on the 5+12 with 120 turns secondary. It still has a 47uF cap in the battery rails. (I think it was xee2 who said to put a large cap across the battery to keep the battery going longer and the jt stronger. ) It was still there. I was just reviewing what still needed to be looked at, when my eyes fell on a jt circuit that I made a while back that has 20 turns secondary and 2 lights soldered in place.

For unknown reasons ( ;) ) I stuck the red pos lead of this extra joule thief ckt onto the red battery lead on the breadboard which was still measuring the amps and saying .254v (meaning 26mA). I held the black lead to the negative lead of the cap and this extra joule thief lit up very brightly. squint time. And a glance over to the volt meter to see the amps showed it was the same.

I don't know if this cap will ever run down, but I have clipped it in place. And now I will hand draw this ckt for my records.

I guess I need to load up photoshop.

Wow,

So, it would seem to be the same as connecting both + and - of the second jt circuit to the + and - pins of the cap.

But if I do that, I get the lights flicker dance thing. Instead this is solid on the + battery lead and then the - of the cap. There is no flicker dance. Just 2 sets of bright lights.

And no extra amp draw.

Any questions?

jeanna