Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

MMM
Thanks NOP for your explanation. I think I understand the implications. If it can absorb more current before it saturates, and it is the saturation that makes the make and break, then I am using/wasting amps just in absorbing to the limit of the higher permeability.
In normal electronics circuits, I think the higher permeability might be an advantage, but maybe here, it is not.

-----

So, I tried a little thing and got a change of results.

I took out about half of the secondary winds of the coil I made yesterday with the high permeability (...I need to keep giving them names! ). I made them go back in the other direction and turned once again. these are uneven amounts and so only a preliminary look at this, but the lights were very much brighter.

The rectified voltage went from 1.09 v rectified to 1.215 v Rectified. So, still low, but higher and the lights are much brighter. The amps were higher too. I forgot to note them, but I turned the v resistor to get the lights to about the same brightness and the amps draw went down to 4.1mA
'corse there are 4 lights running off this - and there could be more so 4.1 mamps / 4 = 1mA draw per light and the rectified voltage was higher too. This is a small change but all in the right driection from yesterdays big hope.

More later, but likely not til tomorrow. I am going to seed savers tonight. wow it has been a month already! 200 pages I think!  ;)

So, to recap, I believe it is true that having the secondary/pickup coil go in at least 2 directions is crucial for good results.

thank you,

jeanna

gadgetmall

@pirate Look for at least 10k to 20 k pots i use pcboard mount type

@Mk1 . I guess you didn't run malwarebytes  Anti-Malware . I have been in the computer Business for 30 years i can tell you this will fix your problem if its related to Trojans Virus bad programs etc . . First thing is CLEAR YOUR CACHE . run AntiMalware reboot run it again  Clear cache  and all temp files including cookies   and yea uncheck 3 party browser extentions . they suck as Ie does .
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

Pirate88179

@ Gadgetmall:

Thank you!  the pc board pots can be used on a breadboard right?  Radio Shack seems to have a lot of those, just not the panel mount types like i have been used to.  Thank you.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

innovation_station

a relay i was really hopeing there was another way what about a mosfet??  as a switch ;)

i have only a few irf 840's left should work tho .... no?

i might be able to just swap out the 4401  for the irf 840

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQ8IXqAoTc

what ya think?

ist!
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

Pirate88179

@ Gadgetmall:

I have a question for you on your modified Fuji circuit.  When you run the cfls until the battery is "dead" at your very low mA draw, have you tested the "dead" batteries to see what, if anything is left in them?  What I am wondering is this:  Will your Fuji take the batteries down below the threshold voltage of the transistor?  Or, if you then took those same "dead" batteries and put them into another JT toroid circuit, will they still do anything at all?  My guess is (and it, of course, is just a guess) that your Fuji will take the bats down as low as the toroid version of the JT.  I was just thinking a minute ago and was very curious.  Thanks.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen