Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

Quote from: zhak on June 30, 2010, 11:31:59 AM
Hi, here gathered at leisure small, self-joule thief
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm3LPMQ-xdU
Hi zhak,

What do you mean self?

When I make a jt circuit that blinks like that one, I am NOT satisfied.
It COULD be made to build on itself and blink faster, but I did not see that happen on that video
Is that your video?
If it is yours, please increase the resistance of the base resistor to make the blink faster.

@observer,
Are you really recharging a battery from your pill bottle?
How long does this take?
And I am not sure why you are doing this when you can run a jtc directly?
I suppose the cd player needs faster amps than the pill bottle can deliver. Is that it?

thank you,

jeanna

The Observer

Da

I think it's a Regular Old Stainless Steel Bolt... Cheapest Bolt you can get at ACE.

Jeanna,

I have not tried charging a NiMh with the pill jars yet...
     At this point it is next to a forgone conclusion that will work.
           The Pill Jars give off Amps and Volts just like any other power supply.
                   The more Pennies the more Amps... (voltage stays the same)

I am curious how long they will last.
I am wondering since there is no acid.. that the metals will not disintegrate or disintegrate very slowly..
Which would mean, with fresh water every now and again, the things would run virtually forever.

I also left out the possibility of a 2nd Joule Thief connected to the Jars that then Recharges the Batteries in my diagram.

The Reason to put in a couple rechargables is that the pill jars will give off energy 24/7...
               The stored energy can be used for the few hours a Lamp is actually used.
                    Smaller Pill Jars will thus be able to run the Lamp.

The Idea is that any item that is used intermittently (and possibly requires alot of Amps)
                                                            would use less "Pill Jar Volume" if the energy is stored during none use hours.

I think you kinda figured that.

The Observer

zhak

Yes jeanna is my video, I'll obey your advice to increase the resistance. Long working device paired with a super capacitor at 1F, almost a day

jeanna

Quote from: zhak on June 30, 2010, 03:07:19 PM
Yes jeanna is my video, I'll obey your advice to increase the resistance. Long working device paired with a super capacitor at 1F, almost a day
WOW almost one day, on one touch of the battery to capacitor? wow.

This is what I find so very interesting about the joule thief.
I seems to be able to re-use some of the energy that gets into the system, and unless we push the limits on how little it can use (as you did) we will not suspect it is coming around again.
xee2 always insisted on using a capacitor across the battery leads, and I am beginning to always put one there too.
A 1F super cap is even better.

About my suggestion, if you are providing less mA than the joule thief can use, then increasing the resistance will not help to stop the flashing, but even then, you might get a steady-on light with a bigger cap, although you might have to wait for it to get started a little longer.

Since it was your video and I did not understand what you were saying,  ;) I will ask you about the way you reversed the battery to the capacitor leads.
Was that just because they were reversed the first time?
or
is that a trick to get this to last longer?

Thank you,

jeanna

zhak

You speak about the super condenser (ионисÑ,Ñ€)?, 1F it prolongs a life for days.
jeanna
I have not understood your text a little!?
You want the scheme?