Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

"Smoking Gun" - finally!

Started by PaulLowrance, December 03, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinu

Quote from: Kator01 on December 04, 2008, 11:47:26 AM
Hello pix,

you should read the following Aspden-Paper on the Nerst-Effect :

http://www.aspden.org/reports/Es3/

Best Regrards

Kator01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nernst_effect
"Semiconductors exhibit the Nernst effect. This has been studied in the 1950s by Krylova, Mochan and many others. In metals however, it is almost non-existent. "

Aspden: "... in steel as much as 16.6 volts could be set up by a temperature gradient of one degree C per cm if the magnetic field strength was 10,000 gauss."

One of the two above does not hold water.
Place your bets, pls.  ;)

Cheers,
Tinu

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 04, 2008, 11:01:42 AMThey didn't want to do it, and gave no reason,

Maybe they are concerned about the yield. For example, in a PowerMOSFET, you have everything in parallel and a few broken ones don't matter that much (this can be a trap if many FETs are broken and it appears to be OK if tested without full load). Since everything is in series, there must be an efficient way to test and short out broken diodes.

PaulLowrance

I don't know. They wouldn't tell me via email.

In-parallel has an equal problem of short. If one of the diodes in-parallel is shorted then the whole thing is useless. If one is shorted in-series then it's no big deal.

I would like a few hundred first in-series, and then place groups of those in parallel.

PL

mscoffman

I think this is a great idea. One difficulty that normal semiconductor guys will have with it
is that one is going to have to optimize the semiconductor structure in a way *opposite* for
normal semiconductor process. There may be fears of setting up a conflict of knowledge.

The other thing I think, one should do is build in energy self limiting circuit structures inside, to prevent
things from burning up when accidental exposed to large amount of power in a beam. Like X-ray or
Cell-phones. Possibly by having an external energy dump resistor. That way one would not
have to build a physical isolation chamber to keep the device within spec in event of
an accidental exposure. Those power specs are everything that is important...it is not
absolute device power that is important to making the device a commercial success.

:S:MarkSCoffman

broli

You should definitely invite Z-monkey in here as he has a lot of work experience in semi conductors and might have some useful connections.