Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What if the textbooks are right?

Started by CARN0T, December 27, 2008, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbide_Tipped

No matter what law you follow it still needs to conform to the law of economics. There's a reason the ICE is only 25% eff. Sure you can increase the compression ratio and lean it out to get 50% eff but put it in the hands of everyday people and it won't last more that a week. Your big hurdle is economics and the material its made of.

CARN0T

Thank you, Carbide,

For bringing us back to the main focus of this thread.  Which is that great strides are possible in energy production without trying to violate existing laws of physics.

And, yes, your point is well taken, that in the final analysis, we have to have a product that serves well in its intended use.  That includes durability and cost as well as energy efficiency, etc.

Maybe it's timely to review the brake efficiencies of present-day heat engines.  Here is my list--

Traditional car engine..........................25%
Best gas cars today (e.g., Prius)........30%    ("new" Prius is higher?)
Best diesel cars..................................35%
Highway truck engines........................45%
Large marine 2-stroke diesels...........50%
Power plant NG combined cycle.......55% or more.

I was reading a little about Sadi Carnot last night.  It was his father that probably should get credit for stating the first law.   Sadi published his new theory in 1824.  He died when 36 years old, from Cholera (in 1831?).  His new science was far from worked out, and much of the cleanup was done shortly after by Emile Clapeyron (1834) and Lame (first name?) in 1836.  The science of thermodynamics began to be widely known in the 1850s, and not long after Rudolph Diesel learned it and devised the most efficient heat engine ever, even to this day.  Diesel apparently believed that some day his engine would reach 60% efficiency.  And, we are almost there.

Ernie Rogers

Quote from: Carbide_Tipped on January 14, 2009, 01:47:54 PM
No matter what law you follow it still needs to conform to the law of economics. There's a reason the ICE is only 25% eff. Sure you can increase the compression ratio and lean it out to get 50% eff but put it in the hands of everyday people and it won't last more that a week. Your big hurdle is economics and the material its made of.

gravityblock

I am replying only to the topic and have not had time to read this thread.

The textbooks are not right. I will give an example. If a permanent magnet's field of flux could be manufactured to pulse, then we would have overunity since the magnetic field of flux was changing.

I'll describe what I believe the magnetic field of flux is. Let's say you have an AC motor. If you could put enough energy into this motor where the motor is rotating so fast that the alternating current is no longer alternating but is stationary in our reference frame, then you would have no current flow or electricty. You would then have a continuous flow of magnetic flux. Also, at this point the motor wouldn't be rotating in our frame of reference either. Once the power source is disconnected to this motor, then you would have a permanent magnet motor. A permanent magnet is Zero Point Energy in our reference frame and is the Infinite Point Energy in it's own reference frame.

For us to get overunity, then we must manufacture a permanent magnet in a way that the north and south poles are constantly flipping, alternating, or pulsing similar to the permanent magnet motor described above. Just a thought.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

spinner

Quote from: gravityblock on February 12, 2009, 08:56:36 PM
I am replying only to the topic and have not had time to read this thread.

The textbooks are not right. I will give an example. If a permanent magnet's field of flux could be manufactured to pulse, then we would have overunity since the magnetic field of flux was changing.
If only we could... then, we would.... ;)

I'll describe what I believe the magnetic field of flux is. Let's say you have an AC motor. If you could put enough energy into this motor where the motor is rotating so fast that the alternating current is no longer alternating but is stationary in our reference frame, then you would have no current flow or electricty. You would then have a continuous flow of magnetic flux. Also, at this point the motor wouldn't be rotating in our frame of reference either. Once the power source is disconnected to this motor, then you would have a permanent magnet motor. A permanent magnet is Zero Point Energy in our reference frame and is the Infinite Point Energy in it's own reference frame.
Ah....
For us to get overunity, then we must manufacture a permanent magnet in a way that the north and south poles are constantly flipping, alternating, or pulsing similar to the permanent magnet motor described above. Just a thought.
That would be nice!

Cheers!
"Ex nihilo nihil"

dean_mcgowan

Burrrrrp!

Was that a brain fart or what ?

Cheers,

Dean