Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My entrance into the $1M Randi challenge

Started by PaulLowrance, December 30, 2008, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Quote from: Bessler007 on December 30, 2008, 10:39:50 PM
Is your point the universe is a closed system in equilibrium?

. . .a black body is a perfect absorber of radiant energy,

Bessler007
What I meant by blackbody radiation is the electromagnetic waves known as T-rays or THz waves that all surface matter on Earth radiates. It's around 450 watts per square meter. Of course, as you probably know, the blackbody radiation varies with ambient temp. Blackbody radiation on Pluto would be a lot lower than on Earth.

As far as the Universe, I'm a firm believer in the Multiverse. ;)  IMO gravity continually escapes and enters our Universe (M-theory), which therefore would cause the net energy in our Universe to fluctuate over time. Who knows if more of such energy is escaping or entering over time. So I wouldn't consider our Universe a close system, and definitely not at equilibrium.

PL

Bessler007

Thank you for the answer.  This is my conclusion.  Skip Randi.  You won't have any success there.

Infinite regression is a construct with use mathematically yet attempting to reason with it leads to absurdity.  That's my 2 cents.  No charge.

Bessler007
:)
http://www.bessler007.blogspot.com
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

HeairBear

Paul, have you ruled out dielectric absorption?
When I hear of Shoedinger's Cat, I reach for my gun. - Stephen Hawking

dsmer1991

DIODE ARRAY hooked up in series, REALLY.  might power a pocket calculator some day but not anything powerful.  IF truly this energy is CREATED by the array, since a diode itself does not create energy, it must be built on the scale of the power it is generating.  you might be able to get measurable results from such a small array but trying to power an ARC WELDER or even less a microwave or better yet a 40 watt light bulb, the end result is the chip would melt.Power of that magnitude cannot  be "created or generated or hypothicated"  using a construct that destructs if i hook up a AA battery to it.  I AM NOT SAYING YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING HERE. but hooking up these in larger arrays on a smaller scale is only going to prove my point.

PaulLowrance

QuotePaul, have you ruled out dielectric absorption?
Good question!  I've addressed this in forums, but I don't recall addressing this in my forum. Thanks, I'll add it to my Comments blog section.

To answer the question, yes, I have ruled this out. As you know, dielectric absorption is extremely weak in mylar capacitors. In fact, it's difficult to measure. Here's the control experiment that I have used many times -->

1. Place a fixed and known DC voltage source (AA battery and a resistor divider circuit to achieve the desired DC voltage) across a Mylar capacitor. Place a load across that. This is then connected to the the electrometer.

2. Measure the DC voltage. This is V1.

3. Disconnect the AA battery. Note, the cap is still connected to the load and electrometer.

4. Wait the appropriate time for the capacitor to discharge through the load resistor.

5. Take note of the DC voltage when the it stops decreasing. This is V2.

6. Short the Mylar/load/electrometer-input.

7. Take note of the DC voltage. This is V3.

If there's any measurable DC voltage due to dielectric absorption then it will be equal to V2 - V3.  In every case, my Mylar has not shown any measurable dielectric absorption.  :)

Also, I have been measuring the diode array just once every four days for awhile. During this period, the electrometer is turned off, and the diode array is inside two layers of metal shielding. The Mylar capacitor is always connected (soldered) to the diode array. So there's no DC voltage to the Mylar capacitor, except for the diode array of course.  ;)

PL