Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse charging capacitors

Started by turniton, January 07, 2009, 12:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: turniton on January 12, 2009, 05:12:52 PM
@TinselKoala â€" have seen all your video’s. very impressive. I really liked the rubber ball going back and forth in the dirod experiment! I bought a book about it but haven’t had the time to experiment. You should put a magnet inside the rubber ball, insert inside a plastic tube and put a coil around that thing! LOL!  Should generate a bit…

Mentioning the oil tank, I have two 3ft x 3ft oil filled transformers from an xray machine with diodes inside! Rather cool when I was taking one apart, nice hv transformer, lots of small #28 or so wire. Didn’t find any caps however ;-(

Your right on Tesla’s circuits for minimizing self inductance and maximizing self-capacitance. ("radiation resistance") minimize all resistances- I have read almost all the patents, he has a theme going on…he found something… best guess is the new grid he was trying to build, hence the newer wireless power patents, too bad we didn’t adopt the idea… pulsed dc is so much better and more efficient. We have it if we choose to adopt it however. Very slick thinking on Tesla’s part.

Your resonances and power output would be far more efficient and act father with “more smaller winds” on your two secondary Tesla bifilar coils above the main primary bifilar coil. The more windings the higher the potential (exponential output) and the longer the distance for the same power input. Maximize your secondary & reduce your ground resistances and see what happens. I have had a single small generator, centrally located; turn on fully, four 4ft florescent tubes in each corner of my room 10ft away due to perfect tuning and design, no wires. It does work nicely. You can also put the secondary coils on the loads directly and effect at a distance when tuned.

check this out!!
http://www.teralab.co.uk/Electronics/Tesla_Coil_1/Tesla_Coil_1_Page1.htm

Good Luck!

Yes, totally cool! Beautiful corona displays! That's your first coil? Very nice job! I especially like the antique capacitors.
Could you post a closeup of the spark gap (unenergised), so we can see the details?

I was originally testing some other stuff with those little bifilar coils, which is why they are so "short", that is so few turns. I agree that you are (mostly) right, for the freqs I'm using now, more turns would be more efficient.

In the Dirod video, the ball is a ping-pong ball painted with conductive nickel paint (sold as RF shielding paint in fancy electronic component stores). It actually makes the ball slightly magnetic, but the magnetism isn't important in this electrostatic demo. I have tried what you suggest and it does work--the world's most inefficient linear alternator!!

But the ping-pong ball does generate static voltage when rocked back and forth in a tube, with inductors and pickup pins in the right places. I made a generator on this principle that would light a NE-2 for a flash, with each rocking cycle, as the ping-pong ball rolled over the pickup pins between the inductors. It's a pretty cool thing, looks very Buck Rogers too. I'll see if I can find a pic (the thing is in storage in another country right now...)

I just posted a new video of my small VDG machine producing 95 millimeter sparks, estimated 200 kV. I'm scared to start charging that cap stack, I might not survive an accidental shock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLeRgo2dQn0

turniton

Regarding that web site, it’s not mine. However, I did an exact replica of it back in 1988, before the article came out, and the results where the same as where the pictures, the current was very very low, and my coils where shellacked several times. I used to play with the HV with my hands without getting burnt on the main secondary coil (not suggested). It was very cool however, freaked out my friends. On mine I had a simple spark gap made of plastic into a U and on each side I had adjustment screws with small brass balls in the center. Tuning was critical. To avoid getting sparked, I stood on a plastic milk carton so I wasn’t grounded. My entire body was tingling however. I made many Tesla coils, probably around 15 or so since, each time with a bit more power…

LOL - the world's most inefficient linear alternator!!
How close was the coil to the ball? How close was the magnet to the coil?