Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How can you weigh an electron?

Started by CARN0T, January 12, 2009, 12:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0T

This is a place for having fun, right?

Gravitation is quite an enigmatic force.  There are lots of theories about it.  A few seem to make some sense.  If we had more information, that might help to clarify the situation.  What we know for sure (I think) is this--

F  =  Gm1m2/R2  (for spheres and point particles)

G seems to be the same constant as close as we can tell for any material that we have tried.  But, I'm fairly certain that the formula and the value of G have never been tested for particles smaller than a whole atom.  Well, it seems to have been checked for photons, but the accuracy is fairly low I believe.  So, why not an experiment to measure the gravitational force on an elementary particle?  An electron, for instance?

Let's think about a simple experiment.  Look at a straight metal rod held vertically in the earth's gravitational field.  (Inside a shielded room, say, to remove other fields besides gravity.)  There should be slightly more electrons in the bottom of the rod than in the top-- they "fall to the bottom."

Okay, now it's your turn.  Can you figure out how to measure that slight inequality?  Or, maybe you have another approach to suggest?

Ernie Rogers

Alien509

If you weighed an electron it's weight would deviate from incoming energy and would never be exact. If we look at pie (the symbol) for 3.154159... the electron and it's (corresponding elements) represent every permutation of possibilities in the X,Y,Z planes and in (every derivative) there of.

nueview

i read somewhere that they calculated it by spinning a disc and allowed current to leave the disc through centrifical force.
yet another was calculated by current flow at a voltage and measuring the voltage spike allowing for mass speed so really i don't know either it is a good question and would like to know i'm sure it has been done many times to be varified put perhaps in many different ways .

madddann

Is there really such a thing - electron? Well i call it just energy flow and there is a positive and a negative energy flow. Can you show me an electron? I don't think so, 'cause form is created by an equilibrium of both + and - energy flow (forces). To weight an electron? Weight is the flow of energy between two objects in disequilibrium.
Guys, let go of the textbooks and just use your own head. Give it a try, what do you have to loose? It's what you will slowly gain that will amaze you.

Peace
Dann

CARN0T

Human civilization is built on man's ability to transfer knowledge from one generation to the next.  (I.e., textbooks)

Ernie Rogers

Quote from: madddann on January 12, 2009, 04:44:09 AM
Is there really such a thing - electron? Well i call it just energy flow and there is a positive and a negative energy flow. Can you show me an electron? I don't think so, 'cause form is created by an equilibrium of both + and - energy flow (forces). To weight an electron? Weight is the flow of energy between two objects in disequilibrium.
Guys, let go of the textbooks and just use your own head. Give it a try, what do you have to loose? It's what you will slowly gain that will amaze you.

Peace
Dann