Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Moses did great things

Started by angryScientist, January 13, 2009, 05:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angryScientist

I find it interesting to note that the first four books of the bible are believed to be written by Moses (a self confessed murderer).

Moses was a very influential leader. He inspired thousands to follow the word of the lord. It is a testament to his greatness that he inspired his young followers to kill their elders if they opposed his leadership. It is a further testament to him that his followers killed hundred of thousands of men, women, children and animals and espoused them self's as righteous. Genocide is indeed what he is known for. A great genocide is his reputation. Therefore his reputation is of doing a greatness.

Greatness or Grateness? That is a question!

JamesThomas

So what?

Moses was only following in the footsteps of his repugnant little murderous deity, Yahweh. You want to blame somebody blame that diseased pool of vomit.

jt
We are not what we believe ourselves to be.

hansvonlieven

G'day all,

First of all Moses is supposed to have written 5 books not 4. The collection of those books is called the Torah or Pentateuch, whose names in English are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

Jewish religious tradition ascribes authorship of the Torah to Moses through a process of divine inspiration. This view of Mosaic authorship is first found explicitly expressed in the Talmud, dating from the 3rd to the 6th centuries AD, and is based on textual analysis of passages in the Torah and the subsequent books of the Hebrew Bible.

On closer examination these so called scriptures, especially Genesis, are mainly based on the Gilagamesh Epos which is Millennia older and of Sumerian origin. If you want to read the story of Noah and his ark, the Gilgamesh Epos gives a fair account except the hero of the story is anything but Jewish.

Even your revered Yahweh is a Johnny come lately in the scheme of things.

Besides, does not Yahweh allegedly tell Moses that the first command is "Thou shalt not have any other gods before me"?

Here in fact the so called Almighty acknowledges he has competition in the God business.

The whole thing is nonsense and better stayed away from.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

AhuraMazda

What I always find peculiar the "burnt offering".
Maybe Yahweh enjoyed a good barbi.

WilbyInebriated

yahweh... psychotic, and more. to quote one of my favorite authors on the subject "arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -richard dawkins (the god delusion)

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -robert pirsig (zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance)

so moses is really no surprise, yahweh wants religious nuts not spiritual fruits.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe