Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

capillair pump

Started by Creativity, January 29, 2009, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadaro2600

Quote from: Creativity on January 30, 2009, 06:33:19 AM
something just came into my mind.If the wick was very heavy it would squeeze out the water by itself when laying on a hard,thin surface(like fishing line).What do u think?

I don't know if this helps; but, the wicking is a matter of the surface tension properties of water.

The idea is to create a small space inside a tube with a large surface area, hence, placing a tube inside a tube...inside yet another tube even.

The increased surface area relative to the size of the gap between the surfaces is a major factor.

Once the liquid has risen to the top of the 'vein' then is can be dripped off with a leader line of some sort, or perhaps a continuation of one of the inner tubes.

ResinRat2

Hi Creativity,

I see what you are saying. I tried wicking water into an empty glass at a higher level and it did not drip off into the glass, confirming your results. When the empty glass was at a lower level it worked fine. That won't do you any good though.

I wonder if it could be wicked up into a closed container and then condensed on the sides. It would be a very slow process though. This would allow the water to evaporate and draw up more water at the same time.

Just throwing out an idea and some thoughts. I will keep looking.

Thanks for your ideas.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Creativity

Quote from: jadaro2600 on January 30, 2009, 07:36:46 PM
I don't know if this helps; but, the wicking is a matter of the surface tension properties of water.

The idea is to create a small space inside a tube with a large surface area, hence, placing a tube inside a tube...inside yet another tube even.

The increased surface area relative to the size of the gap between the surfaces is a major factor.

Once the liquid has risen to the top of the 'vein' then is can be dripped off with a leader line of some sort, or perhaps a continuation of one of the inner tubes.

u la la :) wick u describe would require some precise piping :).As for now the wick construction seams to be no problem,so i could use ur idea to build it on top of the paper wick if it would help to drip anything  ::) .Can u explain a bit what u meant with leader line?

In the mean time i made a wick out of the whole toilet paper roll and hanged it on the fishing line hoping that it will squeeze some water under its own weight.It didn't happen..i punched through the top end of the wick with some graphite rods(used for mechanical pencil) and i hoped the water will slide down it ,also a deadend.

@ResinRat2

condensation is a way as u described.If it was using sun energy then it could pump nicely but slow as u pointed out :| Evaporating is basically creating some lower pressure and sucks the water out of the top of the wick. Once we see it like this it may be something good from it afterall.One idea just popped up.Having the water so high in a wick is also good if we rearange the system a bit.
Just think about the trees!under strict vacuum no water could go higher than 10 meters,but we have very hight trees around! If a tree created a total vacuum it still could not transport water higher than this 10m,so it means that other mechanisms work here also.Let us think ith through :)

if we put a wick in a closed tube that is under the water level of lower container and add some slight underpressure on top of the pipe,we may suck the water out of the wick top.It will probably be with very low work required compared to suck the water through the straw up to the wick top level.Just like sucking water with a straw to say 2mm hight above the water level in a cup .Why i think so?
As i see it,the water rises in the wick because the water adheres to the sides of the capillairs and sufrace tension can overcome gravity force that causes the hydrostatic pressure.When the water in wick rises to some level ,the gravity works on the whole column of water in the wick.It is like if we were sucking through the straw,but we dont have to suck it because capillair force does it for us.

So we got the water rised to some hight for nothing.Situation is in equilibrum.equilibrum means a slight force in one direction will be enough.
Now since the water in the wick is not rising anymore ,nor is it going down ,i assume the pressure on the top of the wick is equal to the atmospheric pressure.Atmospheric pressure is also working on the water surface at the lower cup.So if we wanted to suck water from the top of the wick we would not have to suck the whole column of water in the wick!Because every time we suck from the top,the wick replenishes the missing water level by caspillair force to establish equilibrum.
This could be something nice :)

I hope u guys get what i m thinking.This could mean that if we put top of a wick in a sealed tube(so only water from the wick can come through it and not air) and make small underpressure in it,the water will drip and wick will replenish its water from the lower cup.Now top of the wick can be put into the closed container(main container of Kelvin generator).Every time the water will drip out of the container,the slight underpressure will be present in main chamber.this underpressure will suck the top of the wick and equal amount of water will drip into the container..and again and again.

What do u all think?

I think like a tree  :D the main container would be then the leaf and driping water out of it would be equal to evaporating in a leaf.

need to grab my vacuume meter and test it  ;D
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

jadaro2600

You have a tube, with a line inside it where there is a certain gap-space between them.  This line sticks out a little ways.  There is a J shaped bend in the upper part of the assembly where the line sticks out.  This is the leader line meant to draw water away from the wicking device.

Creativity

thx for explanation.

I made an experiment.I put two ends of a flexible tube into the water.At one end there was a wick inside, pushed so no air could go through it.It was to test my hypothese  outlined in my post above.

With syringe i removed some of the air in the tube. Water raised in both ends of tube to the same height.I couldn't get water in wick end of the tube higher than not wicked end.

So i interpret it like the wick is a part of the tube.

I will try some experiments with onLy the part of the wick in the tube and tube not touching water surface.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.